Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn, like Jngr said: Ya gotta build connections. Found my first Jag show sorta by accident. But as soon as I got there and started talking with people,they directed me exactly to the websites where the car-show schedules are. Just make the first step, and the rest will follow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, Anthony, it looks awesome!! White cars are a lot of work. There no hiding a single spec. I love the under hood shot. Good grief- it`s antisceptically clean!!

It`s a shame some gawdy graphic or bolt on Pep-Boys doo-dad will take the judges attention from the REAL matters....solid auto detailing.

You rule, man!
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome Anthony! Really!

People must have been in slack-jawed awe at how clean and well-detailed it was. You should have further punctuated the point of your fine work by displaying some of the products that you`d used on it. Then they`d know without a doubt that your car was a detailing showcase and not just another "really thoroughly cleaned" car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,

Great great job!

I used to use Simple Green and then somehow got on the citrus bandwagon lately but am not too sure about how they compare. That engine is a great ad for Simple Green, for sure!

Did you wax any of the engine components? I just got some Wurth engine wax and used it over the weekend - am looking forward to seeing how that holds up. It`s supposed to be forumalted for high temp applications. Sure does shine nice when I put it on and it`s easy in the sense of let it dry and go. Let`s see how long it hold up.

Congrats on the sweep.

C

Better detailing through chemistry

z

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m usually not a fan of spray waxes, but I did use one for the painted surfaces in the engine bay. I used it on the underside of the hood when I got to the show too. I figured it wasn`t going to be much good to use a wax under the hood just because of all the heat. The wax probably wouldn`t last 3 minutes. lol There wasn`t much to wax under the hood. I used my CD2 engine detailing spray on the hoses and plastic components and that was about it. Now the challange will be to see if I can maintain it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 4DSC

Awesome Anthony! Really!

People must have been in slack-jawed awe at how clean and well-detailed it was. You should have further punctuated the point of your fine work by displaying some of the products that you`d used on it. Then they`d know without a doubt that your car was a detailing showcase and not just another "really thoroughly cleaned" car!

I had thought about that. I decided not to just because I knew I couldn`t watch the car every minute and I didn`t want someone to walk away with it. I did have some cards set up on the front of the engine bay. I wrote a couple web addresses on the back so people would know where to shop the next time they considered car care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, your intergra looks sweet! Can`t wait to see the rest of the pics! Excellent job!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not much of an Acura fan but it looks AMAZING! Nice work Tony very impressive, especially in the engine bay. Two thumbs up!

What year is the car and what engine in it?

Any performance MODs to it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jngr, did you dilute the Simple Green to get the underside of your hood so clean?

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job Anthony!! That`s a pretty blinding shine!

BTW, did you notice much of an improvement in shine when topping the Platinum layers?

Post Thanks / Like
    FUEL... Don`t let my signature give you any clues or anything. Its a 99 GSR with the GSR engine. My mods are kept secret to protect the innocent.

I used the simple green full strength. Some things you gotta learn the hard way and I did learn that you want to keep it off plastic if you are going to use it full strength like that. Nothing that couldn`t be fixed, but you don`t want to spray it all over the place.

You know Tony, white is just tough to tell. I could see a huge improvement by the third layer of UPP. Since I went a week or two with nothing and then put 3 layers on in 3 days, I could really see the difference. It is just really hard to tell with wax on top of that. I know that the carnauba magic was present. You can see the glow in the body lines and it was a little more reflective rather than just plain bright. White is just at tricky color to work with. Sometime its hard to tell if you are making any improvement because you are too close to the forrest to see the trees, ya know? I know Jennifer said she could tell the difference after the carnauba. Her eyes were probably not burned out from staring at a bright white car for three days either, so I`ll trust her opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

I know Jennifer said she could tell the difference after the carnauba. Her eyes were probably not burned out from staring at a bright white car for three days either, so I`ll trust her opinion.

LOL!! One of the downsides to such a bright car!

I`ve been using a certain product on my sister`s white Civic. After seeing your pics, I just may have to try Platinum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alrighty.... I got some pictures uploaded. Its hard to really get good pictures of white. If you get it in the shade then you can`t see anything. If you get it in the sun then it washes everything out. This gives you an idea. I worked hardest on the door jambs and under the hood. I took all 4 wheels off and did the suspension and the inside of the wheels. I touched up the calipers that I painted last year. They are holding up great, but needed a little touch up because I was sloppy last year. I think it turned out pretty respectable though. Definitely white.

Link to album of pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

FUEL... Don`t let my signature give you any clues or anything. Its a 99 GSR with the GSR engine. My mods are kept secret to protect the innocent.

I used the simple green full strength. Some things you gotta learn the hard way and I did learn that you want to keep it off plastic if you are going to use it full strength like that. Nothing that couldn`t be fixed, but you don`t want to spray it all over the place.

You know Tony, white is just tough to tell. I could see a huge improvement by the third layer of UPP. Since I went a week or two with nothing and then put 3 layers on in 3 days, I could really see the difference. It is just really hard to tell with wax on top of that. I know that the carnauba magic was present. You can see the glow in the body lines and it was a little more reflective rather than just plain bright. White is just at tricky color to work with. Sometime its hard to tell if you are making any improvement because you are too close to the forrest to see the trees, ya know? I know Jennifer said she could tell the difference after the carnauba. Her eyes were probably not burned out from staring at a bright white car for three days either, so I`ll trust her opinion.

Oh lord I didnt even look at your sig LMAO I ususally dont pay attention lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    :xyxthumbs Much props to you Jngr. I`ve never seen an underbonnet shine like that! Engine comp. looks awesome! You are the man! Or should I say... the Jngrbrdman.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information