Post Thanks / Like
    The St. Louis BMW Club and Porsche Club Detailing Tips and Tricks event was held this Saturday.

We talked about many aspects of detailing including washing techniques and tools, claying, buffing and swirl removal and interior-exterior detailing.

I had hundreds of products for participants to use on their cars, 4 PC buffers were in action all day and 2 rotory buffers were in use. It was hands on action all day long. We had a washing station under a tent outside, and much more. Products such as MF towels and waffleweaves were for sale as well. We gave away products as prizes all day long and the car clubs donated really nice grand prizes.

Our host this year was Dent Wizard. We had their national training facility in St. Louis at our disposal. It was incredible! This huge building holds over 30 cars. We had at least a dozen cars in at a time undergoing different states of detailing and instruction. Dent Wizard offered club members many attendance prizes and a great lunch! They even awarded one Porsche and one BMW beautiful trophies for Best of Show and Most Original Car.

Dent Wizard Techs were on hand all day to perform the miracle of PDR (paintless dent removal) on many members cars. These guys are the best. I had small shallow hail dents in the roof of my Audi S4 that I have lived with for a year because a "competing" PDR professional said couldn`t be fixed without removing the headliner, possibly damaging the interior, etc. The DW Tech performed his magic and made my car beautiful again in minutes! I won`t give away his secets! :xyxthumbs Thanks DW for being such great hosts.

I wish I had better pics of the event in full swing but we were too busy to take the time to grab a camera. Here are a few shots that I do have when we just got started.

Detailing Tips and Tricks Event Pics

The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome!

You Always Have Something Fun Going on, I Wish We Had Some Cool tuff Going On Around Here.

Looks Like A Great time, Great Pics!

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool shirt, Brad! I can hardly wait for next weekend, when you bring your show to the Jag club. :bounce

I don`t know which car I`ll be bringing. At the moment, the white coupe is in the shop getting a "correct" vinyl top. In the course of removing the windscreens, the Bubbas (who did not put any sort of protection over the body) managed to sling all sorts of adhesive and goo over the paint. And lord only knows what sorts of scratches the upholstery-shop guys are going to introduce. One way or the other, I figure I`m going to have to remove the Zaino, which will give me a chance to deal with any paint problems, then go back to the beginning of the Z treatment.

The red coupe is currently sitting with no windscreens, no chrome or badges, etc., and yukky vinyl roof removed. We`re working to remove rust, sand her down, and generally prep her for a new paint job and new top.

So ... I might just be bringing my Radio Flyer ... but I`ll look forward to working with you and the gang next Saturday. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bjwebster

Awesome!

You Always Have Something Fun Going on, I Wish We Had Some Cool tuff Going On Around Here.

Looks Like A Great time, Great Pics!

I thought the same thing. If events like this are being held in the Atlanta area, I`m not hearing about them.

I`m amazed at how well organized club activities are in the St Louis area. Must be great to be "plugged in" to that scene.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep! :spot and Brad`s a big part of the reason why!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like it was a great show. Good turn out as well. Be nice to see a workshop for those of us with no car club affiliation. More of a general public sort of event.

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks awesome! I hope we can do something like this for the KC BMW club, maybe the P cars or Ferrari`s will come too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d like to find this out for my neck of the woods as well. I know a whole lot of Maxima owners (besides me) that would jump on that like bees to honey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honda owners aswell
    2001 Nighthawk Black Pearl DC2

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a great event. I am organizing a paintless dent removal day and BBQ for our local 300zx club. The one we had last year was a great success. Some of the things those guys can do to remove the dings and dents is amazing. True craftmanship.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Thread Information