Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB in Irvine
    Similar here...

I got myself 2 sets of mats. The nice ones I use daily and at the shows. I shampoo them before the show and drive to the show with the 2nd set installed and swap the nice set in just before judging starts.

I lot of folks in the Porsche concours events actually remove the mats completely. The theory is the judges will judge both the carpet and the mats (if installed), so you will have another area where you could get a deduction.

I love the passport smart chord dangling. X50?

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as rock chips in the front goes, why not just cover the front of the car or the sensitive areas with wide blue masking tape then strip it off on arrival. The tape won`t flop around like a bra either.

You`re going to QD the whole car before the show anyway and the tape won`t be on long enough to leave any residue.

-John C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why are you guys bumping a 5 year old post???

Post Thanks / Like
    Plain stupidity on my part. Once in a while I check the date but obviously not this time. I guess the car show is over by now.

-jc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richt
    I put loads of news paper on the floor. Drive slow and smooth and try not to brake!!!! I try to leave the day before, and stay somewhere close where i can wash the car the night before.

Lol, that would be difficult in an automatic car, because you can`t control as much the rate you slow down without the brake. Newspaper work, however i would just get a set of cheap plastic mats and put them in for the trip, for brake dust, a wet rag would suffice.

Post Thanks / Like
    you could put painters tape all over your car. I saw a boxster a few years ago that was driving like that across country... little did i know it was actually the factorys car and it was the next years model and apparently they didnt have any of the crazy cool conceilment things at that point so they painters taped the WHOLE car... it looked like a blue car.. but it was white.
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Blue 3M painters tapes if it`s a LONG drive at night , then peel off and QD

Another guy I go to shows with uses the Cheap dollar store contact paper on the front

Post Thanks / Like
    They make those el cheapo bug screens which is little more than plastic screen material but for a temp road travel if fastened good it will stop bugs and even help out with stone chips, when you arrive, toss it in the trash. The only other plus about a trailer is when the show is done, the car is locked up inside and that is one less thing to worry about while at the hotel, although driving the car there is half the fun, IMHO.
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk #157 LS1 Roadster

"Weekend Warrior just keeping my cars clean"

Club Flex Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information