Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, great pics, congrats on the win.

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations!
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn- Thanks for posting more pics of your XJC`s! SOOO NICE. What are your plans for the red one? Does it really need a full resto or (you know how I am about the time-capsule effect) could you get by with spot repairs? Heh heh, you could put its OE radio in the white one in case you run into an all-knowing judge (just kidding, sorta ).

I really like how the Z looks on the white one, and I`m NOT generally a Zaino fan. What kind of paint did they use on it (single stage, base/clear)? Still amazed that Paul`s did such a nice job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Accumulator. Yes, Paul`s Jaguars did a superb job on the white one. And the previous owner treated it with kid gloves, since apparently he too showed it in JCNA Concours. Not sure what kind of paint; to me, it does look clearcoated, but I have all the restoration records at home, and will try to check.

Ahhhh ... the red one. While her engine is in superb shape (she loves to run!), the "time capsule" approach is really not an option. Somebody did the world`s worst bondo job over the rear wheel arches. The paint on the boot has a terminal case of measles. (Weird orange-colored speckles into the paint all over it -- dozens per square inch.) The vinyl cover has many splits. The headliner is sagging, and the carpet is badly worn. So ... we`re still trying to decide her ultimate fate. Right now, she`s serving two purposes: (1) gives us a 2nd car for daily use while the white Jag is being detailed and (2) yes ... being a donor. Some of her parts are in better condition than the white Jag`s (one bumper blade, door sill plates, etc.) and -- yes indeed! -- I`ll be putting her 8-track stereo into the white Jag for the Concours season.

Hope the rest of you aren`t too bored with this Jag-talk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn- Heh heh, if anyone`s bored by the Jag-talk, they can just ignore the thread If we keep this up I`ll find myself getting all psyched up and rejoining the Jaguar club.

I guess the red one comes across better in pics than it would in person. I know how you feel as you approach its fork in the road It`s one thing to buy one that`s been restored, but paying to have it done is something else altogether.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Accumulator, you really should consider joining your local Jag club. I belong to JAGSL (Jag Assn of Greater St Louis), and have found the folks there very friendly, helpful, and supportive. And I love going to Jag Concours events. So far, I`m planning on Indianapolis, KY, KC, and StL. It would be so cool if I saw you at one of those. It might rekindle your hope/desire to get really serious about your Jag!

You`re right: The camera is very kind to the red Jag. For now, I`m content to let her be the daily driver. Frankly, we`ve sent out gentle feelers to folks who might want to buy the trophy car; if that happened, I think I`d start getting serious about getting the red one into Concours condition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn- As my life starts settling down (various things have had it in upheaval mode for the last few years) I do indeed want to get more active in the whole auto-hobby. Gee, if I were superstitious I`d hesitate to even THINK that. Seems like something always comes up.

I AM really enjoying getting the XJS ready for the summer. It`s probably the only car I`ll really keep forever so I don`t mind spending so much time on it. And every year it gets older, so every year it looks better for its age, if you know what I mean. Stuff that looked AWFUL on a 2-year-old car doesn`t look so bad now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, rightlane! I really do appreciate your "thumbs-up."

Accumulator, I know you love these babies. Why toil out there in solitude??? :nono Go find a local Jag club at jcna.com and start playing with other local devotees. I just spent this afternoon with one of my St Louis Jag club members -- swapping stories, tips, and drools -- he admiring my red Jag, me admiring his newly-restored `76 XJ12 ... lordy! it was wonderful. You gotta get into a community, Accumulator!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I`m emulating the Ford truck guy with my exclamation points.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynn- Heh heh But I LIKE doing my toiling in solitude :p

You gotta get into a community, Accumulator!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I hear you; I agree, but first I have to get some free time. We`ve been in the "new" house for 2 years now and we`re still unpacking and living amid boxes and other disorganized stuff. Unfortunately, the property is still REALLY taking a lot of time to get squared away and we have a lot of different interests and commitments competing for our time. Things are still at the not-ready-for-company level and that`s not how I like to live. A buddy of mine has an `89 XJS that he`s just nuts about and I can`t even find time to visit with him, even though I drive past his family`s store every day. Don`t give up on me yet, though! This is the earliest I`ve started getting the XJS ready in years. Actually, I didn`t drive it at ALL for several years, so I`m making (some) progress

Note to self: I had a bit more time (but less fun) before getting active at Autopia

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work, Lynn. :

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome~!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Brad B.

The Championship trophy is awesome. Show us a picture, please.
    You asked for it, Brad. I finally got the car cleaned up, car & trophy in the same place, and daylight for photography. I put this shot in my gallery.

Post Thanks / Like
    SWEEEEEET!

Folks....That trophy is a REALLY big deal in Jaguar circles. Congratulations, JagNut!
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Those Jags are really nice Lynn, I`ve always been a fan of classic Jags and Porsches.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information