Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    6 great cars belong to this collecter, all of which will be getting a full detail prior to concours judging.

First up is the 1975 Ferrari 512 BBi. It is showing only 3500 miles on the clock, starts on the first try, and looks BRAND NEW in and out. There is no wear on the leather, the engine is clean with little to no corrison (though slight oxidation on the aluminum). The this car will be entered in the prestigous Callavino Ferrari Concours in south Florida in January, but we will begin the 30-40 hour detail soon as the owner would like to enter it in the Winter Park Concours in October (I better get started!). I am planning on 12-14 hours polishing to remove every swirl and hologram from every surface, though I will have to be careful as that is the original paint!!!

The second car is a 1989 Ferrari 328 GTS. This was the last year of this model, and the last one built in famed Rosso Coras red for that production run. Very light miles, all original. Will soon be going on the show circut as well as the last "Race Red" 328 built.

The third is a mid `80s 930 Slant Nose Turbo with very low miles. I saw the orginial window sticker, in the mid `80s this thing was over 100K!!! It will be getting an early prep soon for the Rennshow Porsche Concours. Then we will be going over it more to get it ready for some really cool concours show.

Most concours shows are swirled horribly, well these three will be polished to perfection which should give us a big edge going into. Of course, each car will spend several days on a lift, getting the undercarriages cleaned to perfection. Wheels will come off, seats will come out, ect.....

The other 3 cars are the first (to my knowledge) E34 BMW M5 sold to the public, a very low production number (4th or 5th built) 1990 Corvette ZR-1, and an old MB SL...

Anyways, here are some pictures and I will slowly upgrade this thread as the progress begins. Each car will recieve about 30-40 hours of crazy detailing to get them into concours level condition! It should be fun...

Furthest to closest.... 89 Ferrari 328, 75 Ferrari 512BBi. 86 Porsche 930 SN Turbo

The swirls on the 328, which are the least of the group, just to give an idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap, a 10 car garage, and another garage off to the right...my kind of place! For how many Autopians would the ideal residence be a 10 car garage with a one room apt. attached...:lol

Edit: Oops, it appears to be 2 cars deep, make that a 20-car garage, forget the apt. then, I`ll just live in one of the bays!

Post Thanks / Like
    Opps, thread title should read 3 of 6, not 3 oc 6

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess someone likes red. I guess this means that you are not sick of detailing anymore or burnout

It must be nice to detail in that environment and to that "concours" type level. It sure beats soccer Mom`s minivans. Plus a 10 day bay garage is a detailers dream.

I can`t wait to see the results on these babies...:2thumbs:
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    Opps, thread title should read 3 of 6, not 3 oc 6

Fixed it for ya
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, are you sure that 512 is a `75? First off, I`m pretty sure that model came out much later than `75, and second, the front end treatment is pretty darn close to the 328 which you state is an `89. Anyway, great gig, have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Hey, are you sure that 512 is a `75? First off, I`m pretty sure that model came out much later than `75, and second, the front end treatment is pretty darn close to the 328 which you state is an `89. Anyway, great gig, have fun!

Actually your correct, the BBi wasn`t orginally built until 1981 (I think) but very similar to the 1971 365GTB, I will have to check and make sure I have my facts straight what model year it is. I`ll update as soon as I figure it out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    Fixed it for ya

Thank Pat!!! I`m still a little burned out, but there is an end in sight, and I plan are starting to focus more soley on just high end and concours level details in the very near future. I will be doing everything possible to ensure that this vehicle wins platinum in class, then hopefully using that as marketing to dive into the very lucrative concours level detailing (which isn`t much different then what we are all doing on here anyways!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I apologize, according to Wiki the 512BB was introduced in 1976. However, Wiki indicates the 512BBi was introduced in 1981 :nixweiss I had forgotten that the BB`s were replaced by the Testarossa when that came out in `84...sheesh, I must be getting old!

Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    I apologize, according to Wiki the 512BB was introduced in 1976. However, Wiki indicates the 512BBi was introduced in 1981 :nixweiss I had forgotten that the BB`s were replaced by the Testarossa when that came out in `84...sheesh, I must be getting old!

Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No need to apologize, I stand corrected! I will see if I have information wrong (I am assuming I do on either the model or the year) and will correct it. Thanks! And great memory!

Post Thanks / Like
    that guy must make some serious bank lol

Post Thanks / Like
    And great memory!

Eh...I`d be nothing without the internet! As I said, based on my memory I would have had it all wrong...it`s almost unbelievable that the TR came out in `84, I recall being somewhat disappointed in the BB going away, but it doesn`t seem like 23 years ago.

You`re living the dream of everyone for whom these were just magazine/car show fantasies, to drive them (out of the garage, anyway), touch, and work on them. You should be justifiably proud of being entrusted with all the exotics you do. Looking forward to the rest of the stable!

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you are going to be very busy for awhile Todd, awesome cars and storage for them too, would love to have something like thing (Dreaming).:clap:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    6 great cars belong to this collecter, all of which will be getting a full detail prior to concours judging.. Of course, each car will spend several days on a lift, getting the undercarriages cleaned to perfection. Wheels will come off, seats will come out, ect........I will slowly upgrade this thread as the progress begins. Each car will recieve about 30-40 hours of crazy detailing to get them into concours level condition! It should be fun...

So glad you got this job and that you`ll be sharing it with us! Yeah, it oughta be one fun project. I`ll be looking forward to updates, esp. the undercarriages/etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Great and honest work pays off!

I simply can`t wait to see the progress of these cars. This thread is going to be very educational as well. Best of luck Todd!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information