Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

This has been a great season already for Year One and car shows. I`ve been to their Braselton Bash as well as the Foose charity show they put on last weekend. Not exactly concours events, but I`ve had a chance to get up close and personal with some cool rides and had a chance to meet some really cool people. If there is anyone who is ever considering a trip to a Year One event, I would reccomend it. Unfortunatley, I have yet to be able to participate in any Racing, but I`ve had a great time spending time with some cool people and the American muscle and classic iron that we share an interest in.

Here`s some pics I thought you guys might like.

Here`s our small group this past weekend (pics taken by my buddy Ryan):

My car is in the middle. I know it`s dirty, but I havent had much time latley.

here`s me with Goldberg:

You will not find a nicer guy who REALLY knows his stuff when it comes to cars.

I think you all know who that is standing between my buddy Carlo and I. Also a VERY nice guy. We were ribbing him about how short he looked standing next to me and he was laughing it up. He seemed like he genuinely wanted to be at that show. I asked him about how annoying it is to pose so many times and he said that he didnt mind.

Anyway, I`m having a great car year so far, and I just wanted to share. Thanks for checking this out.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    Appears like a great time had by all and the weather also appears very nice. :xyxthumbs

Oh yeah, gotta love American Full-size muscle in black no less!!!!! :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Way2SSlow- Nice to see your season`s off to a great start!

OK, I can see the right side of yours, but did you get the new left-side window tinted yet?

Man, all those nice b-bodies are killing me If you ever go to an event out west, I wonder if you`ll run into Sam with my last (and I mean it!, NO MORE!, really!!) 9c1..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator

OK, I can see the right side of yours, but did you get the new left-side window tinted yet?

Man, all those nice b-bodies are killing me If you ever go to an event out west, I wonder if you`ll run into Sam with my last (and I mean it!, NO MORE!, really!!) 9c1..

Yeah. I actually took care of that the week that it happened. I couldn`t stand the look of the non tinted window against the tinted.

I dont really travel for the events. A bunch of the guys get on me to do it, but it just never seems like it`s in the cards for me. We`ll see. Maybe I`ll be doing a little better next year. I`m definitely not driving to an event out west, so I`ll have to be there without my car.

The one SS on the stock wheels with the black powdercoated centers took first place at Texas in it`s class last year. I detailed it two nights before they left (they drove). I had to detail in the dark as I got off work at 5 and started working about 6:30 or so on the car. Finished at 11 so I didnt post any pics on the forum because it`s hard to take them at 11:30 at night when I gotta be up at work by 7:30am the next morning. He`s planning for me to detail it again before he takes it to Texas this year, but this time, I will get to go nuts on it with as much time as I need. I`m hoping for another first place trophy.

Accumulator,

You probably know that car with the black wheels. It belongs to Howard R (Whisperjet).
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    You lucky dogs! wish i could have been there, so many cars and great people to meet, but work and family comes first. Maybe some day.:2thumbs:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Way2SSlow- Yeah, I thought Howard`s car looked familiar. Lucky him, having you to do it.

You oughta have him whittle up a headlight harness, even if you`re running the stock lights. Those relay-based systems really are great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Way2SSlow- Yeah, I thought Howard`s car looked familiar. Lucky him, having you to do it.

You oughta have him whittle up a headlight harness, even if you`re running the stock lights. Those relay-based systems really are great.

I used to have his harness. I`m running Gary from Innovative Wiring`s harness now. The relays kept going out on the one I got from Howard. I`m running the Autoram 80/100`s with Gary`s harness. It`s killer.

I`ll have to raid Ryan`s photobucket and get some more of the pics he took. I didnt have my camera.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, interesting about the relays. I had Innovative alternator/starter harnesses on the 9C1.

Yeah, get some more pics up when you can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some more pics for you guys:

You guys will appreciate this one. This was probably the best paint job in the place. There was little to NO marring on this thing and it was as deep as it looks in the pic.

Unique Performance was there with some of their builds:

A little marring, but a very nice car:

~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    This is my buddy Ryan`s car. The paint is pretty trick..It was mixed by the guy who painted it up. It`s PPG ultra black, but it`s got speckles in it. When the sun hits it, it`s crazy lookin! We call it "dandruff."

Year One`s "Innovator." This one was done when it was just starting to get popular to stick a modern drivetrain and suspension setup in a classic car. This car has an LS1 and a 4l60e out of a late model F car. It`s an absolutely awesome car and just like Year One`s other cars...they drive the hell out of it. Big props for that. I`ve actually watched it go down the quarter mile at Atlanta dragway.

Sweet old Vette:

7.0 liter Bandit:

Photo credits all go to my buddies: Ryan and Carlo. I really need to remember my camera next time.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    Way2SSlow- Cool pics, thanks for posting. Heh heh, that T/A brings back memories Pretty neat the way they made the wheels on it resemble the old "snowflake" mags.

Ryan`s car looks good, and I bet that paint is really cool in person. Mighty low-profile tires he`s running there

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet looking cars. Nice pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KleanChevy
    Sweet looking cars. Nice pics.

Thanks. I wish I could say that I took them.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Post Thanks / Like
    bunch of incredible cars there.. Lucky you to get a pic with the man himself, chip foose!
    2007 Acura TL TYPE S :buffing:

Thread Information