Post Thanks / Like
    I go every Tues. night to the cruise night in Oyster Bay, LI. It`s one of the best around as the streets are closed and it`s a very pleasant evening. One of our regulars is Billy Joel who always brings an interesting bike. Tonight he brought this custom Indian made for him by Orange County Choppers. Some of you may have seen the show when they built it. Needs lots of additional work though, he was showing us how the seat comes off it`s posts when you hit a bump, ouch!

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the build up of that bike on American Chopper, if I was Billy I would never have accepted the bike, the colour match of the powdercoating was attrocious.

I was very disappointed with the OCC boys after watching that episode, it was basically "we don`t care, the bike is going out in that condition, near enough"

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked for the color problem first thing, nothing, no problem at all, everything matched. I think it was corrected before delivery but they didn`t show that for "dramatic effect." Other things were wrong like the foot rests not hinged so if he hits a pothole or a dip and they make contact... well imagine the headlines!

Post Thanks / Like
    They did correct the color match prior to delivery. They mentioned it quick on the show but just had NUBS repaint instead of powdercoat. If it was mine, I would have demanded that it be repowdercoated. That is an instance where a deadline should not have been meant or the powdercoaters should have REDID everything working OT to get it done in time!

Hey DF, where in Oyster Bay do they do the cruise? It`s only a hop skip & a fart from my house.

Thread Information