Post Thanks / Like
    LI/NYC Olds Spring Dust Off May 7, 2006

MERRICK LI AT THE 4 TOWNS FIREMANS TRAINING FIELD

OPEN TO ALL CARS & TRUCKS, YEARS, MAKES & MODELS. 39 CLASSES IN ALL

Nice annual show in a park setting. Plenty of great cars.

Meadowbrook Parkway (exit M-9) to Merrick Road East to First Traffic light and turn right onto Show Field

Post Thanks / Like
    Too many car events this Sunday. I have found past Merrick car shows to be lacking in volume of cars.

Most people I`ve talked to on Friday at Bellmore are going to OBI/Captree early AM and then taking Robert Moses to Sagtikos to the Wicks Rd Car Show.

May 7, Brentwood, NY - Spring Car Show & Swap Meet, presented by Long Island Street Rod Assn. at Suffolk Community College, Wicks Rd. (exit 53 off L.I.E.). For more info, visit http://clubs.hemmings.com/listreetrod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Son of a........I wish I knew about this earlier! I would drove down for sure, but my baby is no where near show shine ready!

Any other shows coming up? I think Fridays Newsday had a few listed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel1

Any other shows coming up? I think Fridays Newsday had a few listed.

I keep a list posted here You can even subscribe to it if you have iCal or equivalent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RIC
    Too many car events this Sunday. I have found past Merrick car shows to be lacking in volume of cars...

I`ve alwasy found this to be a very popular annual show and this one was no exception. There were over 330 cars entered to be judged. It was a beautiful day for a car show, just couldn`t ask for anything nicer.

A few pictures here

With the El Camino we placed First in Class Domestic non-Oldsmobile, Second in Class Overall. Yeah, they have rather confusing classes at this show, even mixing domestic and foreign together. This class was modifieds 1970 to present. You can imagine the variety, from Mitsubishi to heavily moded Novas, Camaros, a wild Pinto, 442s, and pleanty of muscle cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to both shows. And both shows were good. And it was a great day weatherwise.

At the Merrick show, the majority of cars were stock. Lots of Oldsmobiles, a good showing of stock 20`s, 30`s and 40`s cars. I was impressed with the the very old cars which to me were the best part of the show but everyone has their own tastes for what they want to see. But again, I found the volume of cars to be lacking there and a lot of open unused space.

The SCC show had lots of hot rods, rat rads, and plenty of stock muscle cars and a few very old cars. I would say there were about 500 cars there.

I just wish places would stop having car shows on the same day. The participants can`t be at both places at once.

Don`t get me started on the longislandcars.com car shows. These shows get worse and worse. The people running these care about one thing...making money off the entrants and spectators....How about putting on a good show? The Bar Beach show was my last one for these clowns. I thought it was terrible.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think my pictures show how packed the Merrick show really was. It`s too bad you may not have come during the height of the show, some people do leacve later in the day and these shows empty out. As far as the LI Hot Street Rod show at Wicks they have room only for about 300 cars so I doubt there were 500. Sour grapes aside... the LI Cars shows are always packed and very popular. Why do you begrudge the organizers from making money? In fact, they are the most generous of all the shows, everyone gets a trophy, even fifth place and they manage to split up the classes so everyone gets one. The only people that ever leave unhappy are the ones who think they have the best car but rarely do.

Post Thanks / Like
    To each his own.

I don`t begrudge them from making money. They just don`t attract that many cars that I consider worth seeing. And I will no longer go to their shows unless I start hearing good things from people I regularly see on cruise nights.

I was at the Merrick show from 12:30 - roughly 2:00 PM. What time exactly is the height of the show? I saw a few cars come in as well as some leave while I was there.

I am finding that the Cruise nights and Sunday mornings at OBI/Captree have cars more to my liking.

The Antique Car show at Old Westbury Gardens is probably the best Long Island Show...at least in my opinion.

Thread Information