Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, so I am lucky enough to live in Scottsdale, AZ, where the Barrett Jackson auction is currently running (see Speed Network for day by day). I went with my father on Family day, and took a bunch of pictures. 274 To be exact. If anyone is interested, here is the link to the OPhoto gallery. You do NOT have to join OPhoto to view these pics. Some of these cars were out of this world!

In case you notice the finish on the candy apple red 70`s Corvette, it has 24! coats of clear on it (per the owner). Also the gold corvette Stingray "Field of Dreams" will be auctioned on Saturday 1-21 in the evening, and should fetch just under one million dollars.

Mods, if there is a better place for this thread, please move as appropriate.

Auction Pics

ENJOY :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked
    I love lamp.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love lamp.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I`m going tomorrow night. Looking forward to it, nice pics!

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you for the 274 pictures of the unreachable world of Barret-Jackson. Oh, to have the money that it would take to get some of those vehicles. Will be watching the auction feeling as if I had already viewed the cars before the auction.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    My dad was supposed to go to that last year to help a buddy buy a car, that never happened though. I guess he stayed for my bday.
    1970 Camaro RS
    2013 Optima SX
    2005 Escalade Platinum
    2000 Integra GSR

Post Thanks / Like
    oh yea, i`m here now in scottsdale loving this. this is my ninth year doing it. everyone can watch 33 hours on speed starting today, enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the pics, there are some sweet looking cars there. I am always sucked in by the older Vettes. not sure why but the lines on those cars appeal to me

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I, too watch the Barrett-Jackson event on TV. It`s a blast, and actually, I have been looking at the cars on the website. My kids like cars, too, so when they are here, we watch together.

I always shake my head at the difference in price between older Chevys and Pontiacs. Since my dad religiously bought Pontiacs, our next-door neighbor was the head mechanic at the Pontiac garage, and I once owned a Trans-Am, I have always favored Pontiacs.

However, Camaros always fetch more money in auction, and the commentators on TV always mention this. It drove me nuts until my GF was looking over my shoulder as I was looking at the B-J offernings.

She said, "Yes, I would rather have a Camaro back then. That`s what everyone wanted."

Now I know.

Anyway, happy viewing! May the bird of Paradise drop a ton of money in your lap so you can grab one next year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontman43
    My dad was supposed to go to that last year to help a buddy buy a car, that never happened though. I guess he stayed for my bday.
    Yeah, he was afraid if he went he`d come home to you asking where your b-day present was, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is an interesting feeling watching some of these cars sell, as I was speaking to the owners a few days ago about their hopes for the car, the process to restore it, etc.
    I love lamp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great pictures!

The paint burgundy Stingray looked like the best there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Elenora from Gone in sixty seconds is in there. The red Farrari is so fast it made your camera shake!
    The world looks small from here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Watching it right now on Speed channel, Holy cow, some of those cars are severely swirled!!
    The world looks small from here!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love watching Barrett-Jackson, but watching it this year as an Autopian is making me ill. You have cars up there selling for ridiculous amounts of money (I don`t mean unbelievable amounts, I mean the people buying have more money than sense. 69 camaros aren`t worth 70K in any universe), and the paint on these cars is swirled to hell and back. Detail anyone? It`s sickening to see such beautiful cars with such thing overlooked. Everyone is so busy making sure they have the correct decal on the original air filter that they don`t polish the paint out. Totally lame.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to the auction last night. The first thing I told my bro was "Look how bad this paint is". I`ll say I pissed more than a few people off since they spent thousands getting the paint job in the first place...

Still, the cars were very cool, and it only cost 5 dollars.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information