Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcazmo
    I went to the auction last night. The first thing I told my bro was "Look how bad this paint is". I`ll say I pissed more than a few people off since they spent thousands getting the paint job in the first place...

Still, the cars were very cool, and it only cost 5 dollars.

All the more reason to have it properly cared for. These people get paint jobs costing thousands, and then dry their cars after washing with the same towel the just dried their dog with after its bath. No joke on the show the other night I saw a black Corvette with some of the most swirled paint I have ever seen. To me it lessens BJ`s credibility to sell those cars for as much as they do looking that poor.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    the swirls are intentional-the new owner can have the car detailed, swirls removed and sell for a nice profit :buffing: :waxing: :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    You would have figured that with all the Meguiar signs over their that some of the sellers would have taken the hint and done a better job detailing there cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya I can`t believe how bad the paint on *a lot* of those cars is. I know the lights are incredibly harsh, but still. What amazes me is that these folks are spending so much cash on the cars and look right past the paint. As long as there is no dirt it`s "clean enough". It has been fun watching the coverage though - and it`s totally cute watching my wife fawn over cars. That `66 Shelby Fastback last night (the one that went for ~166k) was incredible.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, some of the paint/finishes on these cars were terrible!! Others, like the red stingray were the best I have ever seen in my life.

It took me a little while to realize that this was an auction, not a car show, so some of the cars were from estates, etc... Each car is hand chosen to be part of the auction, but for it`s sale value, not for it`s actual condition. None the less, I would have thrown some NXT or some other paste wax on to cover some of the swirls!!

The red Stingray owner said he drove the car 6 miles from it`s climate controlled storage to the auction at three in the morning with a car in front and a car behind "blocking" for him!
    I love lamp.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Went. I Saw. I Loved it!

70% of the finishes that I saw were in need of both swirl removal and waxing...

They just don`t get it.

It wouldn`t be B-J without this shot!

Jim

See `bigger` pics in My Gallery

Anybody know why they are so small?
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, you linked to the thumbnails instead of the bigger version. Click your thumbnail, then right click for properties, then link/insert to THAT address instead.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stogie1020
    I agree, some of the paint/finishes on these cars were terrible!! Others, like the red stingray were the best I have ever seen in my life.

It took me a little while to realize that this was an auction, not a car show, so some of the cars were from estates, etc... Each car is hand chosen to be part of the auction, but for it`s sale value, not for it`s actual condition. None the less, I would have thrown some NXT or some other paste wax on to cover some of the swirls!!

The red Stingray owner said he drove the car 6 miles from it`s climate controlled storage to the auction at three in the morning with a car in front and a car behind "blocking" for him!

you have to understand that the majority of these cars ARRIVE with perfect paint, BUT the conditions there (outside) are REALLY dusty. it hasn`t rained in scottsdale for 95 days. in 2 seconds the cars outside are covered with dust. no running water/washing is permitted. BAM, there goes the finish. all cars ARE going to a new owner so the majority are not pampered to the same degree that they were before they left home. its sickining to see these guys QD a very dusty car...finish is distroyed in seconds.

life goes on...just more work for someone when they get to their new home!!!

j. jam

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks much for the pics! Got to see way more than watching tv.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information