Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

What color car is the best to get when purchasing a car that doesn`t show dirt

I`ve been looking for a car now for a couple weeks but I`ve decided one of the most important decisions to make is the color choice. I need to find a color that doesn`t show the dirt with all the new colors on the market this year there have been some really cool choices out there that could help making that choice a lot easier does any one know of any new colors for 2017 that have come out I`m interested in a Jeep!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What color car is the best to get when purchasing a car that doesn`t show dirt

Chall, welcome aboard! Are you going muddin` in your new Jeep?

For normal people driving on normal, paved roads, silver is pretty good at hiding stuff. Not sure how to hide mud.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What color car is the best to get when purchasing a car that doesn`t show dirt

White or silver are the two easiest to take car of. When white gets dirty it just looks cream colored and silver doesn`t show scratches like dark colored cars. I believe I have owned almost all of the "normal" colors of cars, no oranges, lime greens, and I don`t like yellow. Any dark colored car is more prone to showing defects/dirt.

Post Thanks / Like

I`d look for a car meeting your needs and wants first, and then settle on a color.

Post Thanks / Like

SILVER would win here.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes dschribs, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not black.
    Current: Nothing

Previously: 2004 Milano Red Acura TSX, 2014 Jet Black Mica Mazda 6
    Likes PRND[S], dschribs, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Metallic Silver gets my vote. My car is this color, and it hides dirt and love marks pretty well. It has some swirling, but the metallic reduces it unless you are in blinding sunlight at juuuuust the right angle.

Good luck!
    Likes trashmanssd, The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Silver does hide a lot but I also think it is the most boring color. A light blue, light brown, white a red would hide a little bit, not all as much as silver, but they would pop/glow depending on color way more than silver.

Post Thanks / Like

I might as well throw in a vote for the color of my car: Limestone Gray Metallic. It has hints of silver, gray and brown all baked into one, and different hues dominate based on the lighting.

Post Thanks / Like

In a Jeep probably billet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I vote for a white jeep Cherokee trail hawk. Get the black matte hood stripe.

If you want to see what that looks like search my username here under jeep and I did a write up on the vehicle that I own

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Below are the colors available on a 2017 ... the Gobi / Beige or the Billet / Silver would be top choices ... but the Purple sure would make people not care if it was dirty or not

• Billet Silver Metallic Clearcoat [Silver]
    • Black Clearcoat [Black]
    • Bright White Clearcoat [White]
    • Chief Clearcoat [Blue]

• Firecracker Red Clearcoat [Red]
    • Gobi Clearcoat [Beige]
    • Granite Crystal Metallic Clearcoat [Gray]
    • Hypergreen Clearcoat [Green]
    • Rhino Clearcoat [Gray]
    • Xtreme Purple Pearlcoat [Purple]
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Chall897- Welcome to Autopia!

While I find white to be the overall easiest color to keep looking great, the light-colored metallics are the colors that look best between washes. Both are good for not showing marring the way darker colors (and also reds) do. And these colors look good with FK1000P, which IME is about the best conventional Last Step Product (i.e., "wax") functionally-speaking.

(FWIW, most of my current vehicles are variations on silver and my darkish blue pearl/metallic car is a *bear* to keep nice.)
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by `PRND[S
    ;2103390`]I might as well throw in a vote for the color of my car: Limestone Gray Metallic. It has hints of silver, gray and brown all baked into one, and different hues dominate based on the lighting.
    That sounds a lot like my Crown Vic`s Smokestone Metallic. Really cool color IMO, simply love it... at least on that car.

Post Thanks / Like

Just my opinion...

Jeeps are supposed to be muddy and dirty.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information