Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What color car is the best to get when purchasing a car that doesn`t show dirt

Ronkh- No no no...

But as consolation, I think your `vette looks *GREAT* in white. If I were buying one of those.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What color car is the best to get when purchasing a car that doesn`t show dirt

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Ronkh- No no no...

But as consolation, I think your `vette looks *GREAT* in white. If I were buying one of those.....
    You didn`t like the black one??
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to own a car painted one of the pearl tones to see how it is to maintain.

Post Thanks / Like

What color car is the best to get when purchasing a car that doesn`t show dirt

I just went through this with a new car daily driver purchase and couldn`t do it... What I mean is, I couldn`t pull the trigger on a white or silver vehicle.

Yes it`s easy to keep "looking clean" and hides defects. But, forget it. Those basic colors are pretty dull. And, I may be the BEST at washing cars without causing defects within a hundred miles of me. So, I say, forget it - get a color you really like and don`t worry about it.
    Likes WaxAddict, BadgerRivFan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Black Vettes are beautiful but I really like this white one.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Jeeps metallic gray is beautiful.

That said, I`m in LOVE with the Toyota 4runner TRD PRO in Cement gray! My buddy just got one and it`s incredible!
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Just my opinion...

Jeeps are supposed to be muddy and dirty.
    We need a sarcasm emoji.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the white one a *LOT* better. Black ones have utterly zero appeal for me. Ditto for red. ZERO trending towards "negative" even.
    We need a sarcasm emoji.
    You could always resort to my [sarcasm]...[/sarcasm].

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth
    Those basic colors..[like silver/white].. are pretty dull.
    See how opinions vary? On a `vette like Ron`s, white is about the only color I like. Silver is all I like on a *LOT* of cars, including the cars I have in it. For some reason I think black and red (for example) simply look unattractive on many vehicles, utterly "yuck". Of course, I`ve heard all sorts of comments on my sense of vehicular aesthetics
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I just went through this with a new car daily driver purchase and couldn`t do it... What I mean is, I couldn`t pull the trigger on a white or silver vehicle.

Yes it`s easy to keep "looking clean" and hides defects. But, forget it. Those basic colors are pretty dull. And, I may be the BEST at washing cars without causing defects within a hundred miles of me. So, I say, forget it - get a color you really like and don`t worry about it.
    ^^^ I was waiting to see this. I agree 100%. Get what tickles your fancy and learn to wash and dry properly. Personally, I think the silvers and greys start to, um, "not exist" after a while. It`s like the car "isn`t a color".

Accumulator, you can honestly say a properly cared-for black 911 is not attractive?? Black IS the color for 911`s. Well.... come to think of it, all colors rock on 911`s. But give me a black 993 or 997 and I`m all like
    Likes The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Accumulator, you can honestly say a properly cared-for black 911 is not attractive?? Black IS the color for 911`s. Well.... come to think of it, all colors rock on 911`s. But give me a black 993 or 997 and I`m all like
    Heh heh...guess I`m a sterling example of how subjective appraisals vary with the subjects

Eh, I can like black OK on certain 911s, but not *NEARLY* as well as some of Porsche`s other colors and I specifically wanted my only 911 to be silver because I wanted that look (this was back before I cared about ease-of-maintenance with regard to color choice). That, oh..what`s it called?!?...seafoam green on an early Turbo is *perfect* IMO and by comparison black looks like a mistake to me. So yeah, I can honestly say that a black 911 seldom warrants even a passing glance from me, zero real appeal. My pal Bob had a black 3.6 Turbo (apparently worth big $) that I found as appealing as an old brown Elantra.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I vote for a white jeep Cherokee trail hawk. Get the black matte hood stripe.

If you want to see what that looks like search my username here under jeep and I did a write up on the vehicle that I own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I vote for a white jeep Cherokee trail hawk. Get the black matte hood stripe.

If you want to see what that looks like search my username here under jeep and I did a write up on the vehicle that I own
    Well EVERY ONE YOU WILL BE GLAD TO HEAR I ENDED UP PURCHASING A JEEP Cherokee Trailhawk the color is called Anvil I`m pretty is what you call it. To make it more easier to understand it`s a medium grey with blue in it!!!! It`s really cool color!!! So what you think I like it I guess that`s was most important
    Thanks to all

Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=chall897;2103745]Well EVERY ONE YOU WILL BE GLAD TO HEAR I ENDED UP PURCHASING A JEEP Cherokee Trailhawk the color is called Anvil I`m pretty is what you call it. To make it more easier to understand it`s a medium grey with blue in it!!!! It`s really cool color!!! So what you think I like it I guess that`s was most important
    Thanks to all

Sent from my iPhone
    Here is a pic of the car

Likes dschribs, Ronkh, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chall897 View Post
    Well EVERY ONE YOU WILL BE GLAD TO HEAR I ENDED UP PURCHASING A JEEP Cherokee Trailhawk the color is called Anvil I`m pretty is what you call it. To make it more easier to understand it`s a medium grey with blue in it!!!! It`s really cool color!!! So what you think I like it I guess that`s was most important
    Thanks to all

Changed my username from chall897 to Lily333 thank you

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=chall897;2103747]
    Quote Originally Posted by chall897 View Post
    Thanks to all

Sent from my iPhone
    Here is a pic of the car

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information