Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any Performance Mods To YOUR Car?

You guys would have loved me when I was younger. 1996 supra turbo full HkS exhaust, boost management system with three push button setting stock plus , street and race. Never did have enough money to get the suspension to the level to deal with the horse power but that was because it was the electronic adjustable suspension and nobody figured out how to deal with it at that point.

Car had the targa roof and it would twist and creak at every turn. Because of that I kept it bolted in place most of the time.

Fun car, but it did not last long as the added boost coupled to a 17 year old driver caused it to die a death of issue after issue. It turned into a bone stock 300zx and I left that alone. It lasted until I fell for a 1988 m3 and I also left that bone stock. My early years of modifying cars taught me that if you can`t fix it yourself, don`t mess with them. Now I try to buy em ready to go out of the box and leave them alone.

There was a place in my area called hot rod Burger King. Lots of American muscle. Me in my rice rocket supra. Had some fun, some failure. Lost my clutch and got laughed at and had a long, long night. Ended up leaving the car there, it was towed and someone wrote all over the glass. Buy American in lipstick.

In hind site funny, then, not so much.

Lesion learned by being forced to walk home on many nights. Sometimes pushing the car to the side of the road

Moral of the story, don`t modify your car, it will get written on in lipstick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    You guys would have loved me when I was younger. 1996 supra turbo full HkS exhaust, boost management system with three push button setting stock plus , street and race. Never did have enough money to get the suspension to the level to deal with the horse power but that was because it was the electronic adjustable suspension and nobody figured out how to deal with it at that point.

Car had the targa roof and it would twist and creak at every turn. Because of that I kept it bolted in place most of the time.

Fun car, but it did not last long as the added boost coupled to a 17 year old driver caused it to die a death of issue after issue. It turned into a bone stock 300zx and I left that alone. It lasted until I fell for a 1988 m3 and I also left that bone stock. My early years of modifying cars taught me that if you can`t fix me yourself, don`t mess with them. Now I try to buy em ready to go out of the box and leave them alone.

There was a place in my area called hot rod Burger King. Lots of American muscle. Me in my rice rocket supra. Had some fun, some failure. Lost my clutch and got laughed at and had a long, long night. Ended up leaving the car there, it was towed and someone wrote all over the glass. Buy American in lipstick.

In hind site funny, then, not so much.

Lesion learned by being forced to walk home on many nights. Sometimes pushing the car to the side of the road

Moral of the story, don`t modify your car, it will get written on in lipstick.
    Back in my younger days I had pretty much the same experience that you did but I knew what the problem was but I could not afford to build it right.
    I built the current engine that is in my Vette the winter of 99 put it in the car in April of 2000 and 14 years later I have had zero problems with it.

A few years ago they was several fast Supra`s around but they could not stay together long enough to last a night of street racing.
    Not only could I kick their ass but I drove mine home while they had to be towed.
    I prefer bulding a car rather than buy what thousands of others bought right off the show room.
    If done right it will be faster than the factory hotrod and still last but it takes a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zelfiris View Post
    2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T - No longer own it
    - 550cc Injectors
    - Synapse BOV
    - MXP catback
    - 10fintec downpipe
    - 10fintec custom intercooler system
    - Custom Performance (CPE) Intake
    - HSD Coilovers
    - Custom Tune on a dyno

Made 227 WHP and about 200 TQ. I was actually disappointed in the numbers compared to my peers.

2011 Lexus I250 - pending sale
    F-Sport axleback
    Megan midpipe
    K&N Intake

The Lexus ISx50 series is not really tune-able. I actually sold all the parts last month

I will report back on the next car
    Picked up the next one!

2008 Lexus ISF
    Borla Exhaust
    Sikky Headers
    K&N Intake

Others with the same mod dyno`ed for 404WHP and 382 TQ. Loving everyday drive to work

Post Thanks / Like

I`m about a week or so away from upgrading my 03 Cobra Vert.`s Factory Eaton Supercharger to a Gen2 TVS along w/ the supporting mods ,injectors etc.. Been a long time coming since I made my mind up to go for it back in Oct. Paying cash for everything sure as heck takes me longer ,feels like forever lol , however it does feel pretty darn good knowing I owe nothing . These next few nights will be restless to say the least lol

Daren

Post Thanks / Like

Any Performance Mods To YOUR Car?
    I have no idea what you talking about?

Here is the Long version if you`d like to see it. -> CLICK HERE <-

Post Thanks / Like

I probably posted this before, but at my age I suffer from CRS (Can`t Remember Stuff).

I have a 2006 Suzuki Aerio (which they really don`t make any mods for) but I have a custom true Ram Air intake with a K&N filter and a custom under-drive pulley. The pulley can really be felt at take off since the engine isn`t quite as bogged down by the accessories and the ram air makes itself really well known on the highway. PLUS between the two, I got a 2-3 mpg increase in fuel economy. Win-win.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

New header coming in!!!!
    My car sounded like it had an exhaust leak from the front of the engine, so I took apart the heat shield and sure enough there was a crack right down the middle of the header. So this means one thing: New header!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

benz already has a supercharger. I`ve never done anything with the Solstice because the wife drives it 90% of the miles. years ago I bought a new ford focus ZX3 and put a 50 shot of nitrous on it, but didn`t really do many other mods so I had to be careful using the NOS. we clean a lot of fast cars, like today we did a Viper and a 1964 Shelby cobra.

Post Thanks / Like

I just swapped out my 331`s for 373`s on my 13 Shelby GT500, holy crap! Car is a monster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.meticulous-detail.com/

"The Prep makes the Pop, not what`s on Top"

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if that`s a weak spot on that particuar exhaust manifold design? Oddly it`s not in one of the V`s which is where manifolds frquently crack. Have you seen if other owners have reported a similar failure? Guess it doesn`t really matter with a nice header replacing it. Whose header is that and is the header ceramic coated?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse@Autopia View Post
    New header coming in!!!!
    My car sounded like it had an exhaust leak from the front of the engine, so I took apart the heat shield and sure enough there was a crack right down the middle of the header. So this means one thing: New header!!!!!

A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Wonder if that`s a weak spot on that particuar exhaust manifold design? Oddly it`s not in one of the V`s which is where manifolds frquently crack. Have you seen if other owners have reported a similar failure? Guess it doesn`t really matter with a nice header replacing it. Whose header is that and is the header ceramic coated?
    It came from racing gears I believe, I bought it off of eBay and it`s stainless steal headers.
    They just came in today when I got home!!!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433020782.312870.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Meticulous;1993468]I just swapped out my 331`s for 373`s on my 13 Shelby GT500, holy crap! Car is a monster!

Sweet , I thought they came w/ 3:55 or 3:73`s from Factory ?

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=BLOWN03;1993546]
    Quote Originally Posted by Meticulous View Post
    I just swapped out my 331`s for 373`s on my 13 Shelby GT500, holy crap! Car is a monster!

Sweet , I thought they came w/ 3:55 or 3:73`s from Factory ?
    They were working hard to get the GT 500 to a 200 mph top end. Hence the long legs.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

My 2009 S60 2.5t has new SS Motetec touring exhaust, 3" SS downpipe, EST cold air intake, Snabb 3" intake air piping and SS brake lines. The list of mods to come include: ARD tune, new suspension to lower 1.25 inches, new wheels and tires, possibly 16t turbo and FMIC. Just trying to make it a fun sleeper.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Deleted my kooks cats yesterday. Nice tone at WOT. Picked up a few HP too.

https://youtu.be/ClvIDi5hCdI

Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information