Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I searched the archives but did not get a clear answer. Can I use Meguiars Quick Detailer to remove Klasse SG while buffing out the car? From what I gather, it has silicones. Does this matter when applying another layer of SG? If so, what other quick detailer is safe to use besides Final Inspection?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    If you use the Quick Detailer with Silicones, you will inhibit the next coat of SG from bonding correctly with previous coat.

I would stick with the Final Inspection as it has a lot of lubricity.

Other Qd`s you could use are, Wizard`s Mist & Shine, I`m sure that the Blackfire QD sold by our host CMA is for acrylic sealants. I also believe Sonus is for Acrylic finishes.

Check the upper right hand corner of the screen and check out CMA for all the goodies! Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    A trick to remove the dried Klasse SG would be a damp MF (run it under water and wring it out as best you can), followed by a buff with a dry MF to set the shine. This was first done by Showroomlincoln.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by JasonC8301 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>A trick to remove the dried Klasse SG would be a damp MF (run it under water and wring it out as best you can), followed by a buff with a dry MF to set the shine. This was first done by Showroomlincoln.[/b]</blockquote>
    Yeah I went to school on that tip also. That technique is the bomb. Now it`s easy on <strong class=`bbc`>and[/b] easy off. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all. I will be putting on my spring layers of AIO/SG as soon as my @#!!# friend drops off my detailing supply box with everything in it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Showroom`s tip is indeed a good one. Avoid the Meguiar`s Quick Detailer.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Use the damp MF. Its alot easier than using the FI. Plus its cheaper
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll have to try that one. I let my second application of SG sit overnight and had little to no problems removing after spritzing with FI. Thanks for the tip!

Post Thanks / Like

Prep for road trip (paint)

So I`m headed on road trip tomorrow. I did the usual check of tires and fluids, yada yada. Anyway I also checked the weather and see that I am in for rain between Phx and OKC. So I prepped the paint with a coat of nuba wax hoping it will keep bugs from sticking and protect from water spots. (of course I am already covered with Powerlock) Am I the only one who preps paint for a trip? What do you guys do?
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I rarely do anything before the trip except to clean the glass and possible vacuum the interior for a long road trip. I just take along some waterless wash like Ultima and be prepared.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    I always put on a coat or two-three of protection on the vehicle as well as all the other places and the the engine new oil, etc., check tires, etc., so that I start off all new and clean.
    It seems to make my trip all the more enjoyable. My Dad taught this to me when I was growing up and we always did this..

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    my car always runs better on the road when its clean. but i make sure to bring a small bucket with optimum opti clean or onr and tire dressing, sponges and m/f towels...

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I check everything on my car and make sure there is a least a couple of coats of sealant on it also. I also take along a kit to maintain it on the road too.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Thread Information