Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by RH [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

All of my comments have referred to the original question, which the poster referred to as "black spots" and later as "dirt". Those are the subjects of this discussion, not Paint Cleaner. [/b]</blockquote>
    Ok sorry my bad, I thought you meant I was dumb enough to rub bird **** into my window after wondering if Paint Cleaner (or any general car care abrasives) can harm my windows at all...Having another look at your post it doesnt seem like that all does it....Its quite clear u were referring to the original question after quoting me and not him.

Bah, who needs Clay when u can use a Brick? Im gunna throw a brick at my car next time i see some dirt on it :bounce

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Powerslave [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>
    Bah, who needs Clay when u can use a Brick? Im gunna throw a brick at my car next time i see some dirt on it [/b]</blockquote>
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHH!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow.. didnt expect so many different methods of cleaning it.. But im sure to try out a combination of everything mentioned.. except the paint cleaner.. dont really want to try that. I knew i could always count on you guys, thanks a bunch..

Post Thanks / Like
    Bon Ami is also supposed to work well. It promises to not scratch but does a great job at removing all kinds of gunk. You will want to rinse well, afterwards.

You can also clay, as mentioned above. VW used to offer a free clay kit for their cars, but I can`t find anyone at the dealership that knows abou the program. Oh well, just get a clay kit from CMA and have at it.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Powerslave [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Bah, who needs Clay when u can use a Brick? Im gunna throw a brick at my car next time i see some dirt on it :bounce [/b]</blockquote>
    LOL, I like that solution too. Quick and effective. You certainly won`t see any dirt on your windshield after that! Of course, you won`t see much of your windshield either, but who cares!!...the dirt is gone!

Post Thanks / Like
    where can i buy that brick you guys are talking about? it is the z-52 of the zaino system? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    what should i use to wet the glass to begin claying? should i just wet the glass with water, or use glass cleaner?

Post Thanks / Like
    You could probably just use a QD like normal. You will want to wash your windshield again after you clay anyway so it won`t really matter what you use. QD would lube better than water though, I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    gotcha.. thanks. Hope the clay removes the spots, if not, ill have to use the procedure recommended by blkZ28Conv regarding the WD40, vinegar/alcohol mixture and following with barkeepers friend..

thanks guys.. slowly but surely getting the gist of the detailers.. all i used to do was wash the car, dry it, and slap on some polish.. i repeated this process EVERY week.. didnt think there was much to it.. i now know better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked a similar question here a couple of months ago, and several helpful members suggested I clay also. I had a problem with the wiper blades hopping and making squeaking noises and also leaving black residue on the glass.

I scrubbed the blades as suggested, and then used some protectant on them, and clayed the glass. Now I also use EO 20/20. The windshield beads like there is Rain-X on it, and when I have to use the wipers (which is quite often here in Vancouver), they are smooth, quiet, and streak free.

Autopia is the best!:up

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Jaguar C-X75 Concept a Go for Production

Last September, Jaguar showed off its C-X75 concept at the Paris Auto Show. The car was a conceptual vision of what a future range-topping Jaguar supercar would look like. The 75 moniker was meant to celebrate Jaguar?s 75-year anniversary. The C-X75 has a flowing design, with a few cues shared with the XJ220. We loved it, clearly took it as a one-off concept.

The real kicker was the car?s powertrain; a plug-in hybrid combination, but one that utilizes turbines instead of gas engines. Two 96 horsepower turbines powered the electric motors, which were placed at each wheel. Each electric unit made 195-horsepower and a stunning 1,187 pound feet of torque. That was good for a 0-62 mph run of 3.4 seconds.

Now, as part of Jaguar?s ambitious plans to expand the lineup and move upmarket, the company has greenlighted the C-X75 Concept for production.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very HOT!
    Looks line an Italian car.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Even though it looks like a bot post, I like it!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Jag

Very slick looking car. Neat to see Jag trying something different with the power plants.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! Finally some GOOD spam!:w00t:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information