Post Thanks / Like
    I received my AIO from CMA the other day, and received their application guide, which is a pamphlet they include with tips on how to apply Klasse. They mention a tip on putting some instant detail on the applicator pad in order to ease the application of the AIO (and SG). On their website, they specifically recommend the Eaglo One Wipe n` Shine. However, on the application guide, they also say that Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl can be used.

I thought I remembered reading somewhere that you needed to strip any wax off before applying the AIO (or I could be mistaken, and it may have said that no wax could be used under the SG?).

In any case, I thought that the Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl did contain some carnauba wax, correct? If so, shouldn`t it not be used to apply Klasse?

I ask this because I was going to try the Instant Detailer tip on application of the Klasse, but the Instant Detailing product I bought was the Eimann Fabrik. So I want to make sure that I don`t mess things up by using the Eimann Fabrik to lubricate the applicator pad...

Thanks,

Mike

2002 Passat GLX 5-Speed Manual / Blue Anthracite / Black

Post Thanks / Like
    You could use Clear Pearl or another carnauba QD with AIO as the AIO`s cleaners would probably annul any harmful effects of the additives to the QD.

However, water works fine. There`s not much of a reason to use QD over water except for slightly enhanced lubricity, but I use water for AIO. I use either a very fine mist of FI or distilled water or nothing at all for the SG.

What are you using to apply them? I have had good luck with a wrung out microfiber sponge applicator for AIO and like using foam for SG but that`s just my preference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I haven`t applied it yet, so I haven`t used anything at this point. I bought 2 of the microfiber applicator pads from CMA, and also bought some foam applicator pads at Target. I also ordered the applicator pad set from YoSteve, which includes 2 foam and 2 MF pads. So I am well equipped to use pretty much anything at this point!

I may take your advice and try using a wrung out MF for the AIO and the foam for the SG. And I`ll probably start off with just water too just to be safe.

Thanks,

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    that you wring and wring and wring the applicator until it is just damp and not wet! This will keep the product nice and concentrated . . . but that`s basically just a precaution. You wont hurt anything either way.

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like

The Art of Color

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11003092...-insight-video

Bentley Details Mulsanne Painting Process Insight [video]

?Different colours have markedly different characteristics and your perception of a colour?s shade changes according to how deep the coat is. Then there?s the fact that no two expert sprayers would apply that colour basecoat in exactly the same way. You learn to trust each craftsman?s eyes and skills, not just the process.

"It takes many months of in-depth training for a quality control inspector to learn how to identify defects that an owner might never notice, yet each one will be rectified, even if this means sending it around the entire process again. We always operate way above customer expectations of quality.?

New customers will be able to choose from at least 115 different colors for their luxury car, though more are possible with the company`s "unlimited palette." 28 of these were created exclusively for the Mulsanne. The car gets six different layers of paint, including three for the top coat, and two coats of lacquer. Satin finishes, and two-tone versions will be possible.

While the footage is not the most exciting video ever produced, it will be enjoyed by fans of the brand, and those wanting a more inside look into auto production.
    I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma. ~Eartha Kitt

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess this is why you pay the big bucks!

Thread Information