Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    For polishing out swirls etc by hand, which foam pads (or other products) do people recommend?

Steven

Alfa 164

Post Thanks / Like
    <em class=`bbc`>Click Picture For Additional Information[/i]
    http://store5.yimg.com/I/tolae_1664_4149448

They are firm enough to work in and get even pressure, which I think is <strong class=`bbc`>very[/b] important when applying polishes by hand. I do not order these specific ones, I find them locally. I`ll send you one tomorrow if I can grab some at a store . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you buy those locally? I have seen similiar ones at K-mart, I think.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought them at a detail shop but i have been told Autozone has them. I wouldn`t pay more than $1-$2 each unless I had a really good reason to. I paid $2 for a pack of 2 at the detail shop. Will be checking Autozone tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use these Vikings, which I find at AutoZone for $2.

http://mls77.homestead.com/files/Dcp_0002.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Metallic Mike [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I use these Vikings, which I find at AutoZone for $2.

http://mls77.homestead.com/files/Dcp_0002.jpg [/b]</blockquote>I tried the pictured applicator for polishing and I do not feel it gives as even of pressure as the one I showed. However, the Viking one is only $2 and is of a softer type of foam, so check it out! Some people use it for applying sealants, not sure if they have a specific reason for this or if they just like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    puter,

Which detail store?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Likecars,

Where are you anyway? PM me if you don`t want to post it . Actually it`s a detail supplies shop more geared towards mobile detailers. They have stuff by the gallon, nothing really useful except for a couple of outdated-looking Eagle One containers that look like they`ve been there for a couple years. But they also have clay magic clay, pretty decent looking microfiber, etc. Very small place.

Here`s the info, let me know if you know of any other detail shops in San Diego or close by:

Pacific Pride (Commercial Fueling??? maybe it`s the Quest Polish and Wax store, this receipt is from 3 places)

1730 W. Mission Rd

Escondido, CA 92029

619 566 1193

Post Thanks / Like
    Good info, txs puter:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Currently using eagle one. Like these so far the best. The weight doesn`t shift cause of the plastic on top. I find I have more controll then the double foam ones.

http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motor...onexpresp.html

Post Thanks / Like

ONR as washer fluid...?

Has anyone tried this? I was driving and with the snow and salt mix getting thrown everywhere this hit me. I have always been leary of how safe washer fluid is for paint and it hit me... could an ONR/DI water mix work?

Any input would be appreciated

Jon

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like
    that is pretty pricey washer fluid plus it may freeze in colder temps. I have never heard of windshield washer fluid causing issues on paint. I use washer fluid like crazy and I have never had any issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a ONR application in the garage on Friday evening.I had a 5 gallon bucket filled with about 4 gallons of water and with 4oz of ONR mixed in it(I use ONR 1oz/1gallon),and a grit guard in the bucket.
    The temp`s got down to the teens that night.I forgot the 5gallon pail in the garage.Saturday morning I went out to the garage to start the interior of a vehicle and noticed the ONR pail sitting there.It was frozen SOLID.

No-more leaving the buckets (filled with product) in the garage this time of year.

The ONR diluted would not hold up to freezing temps IME for a windshield washer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya I totally forgot about the whole freezing thing. :doh: I will probably give it a shot this summer though. It would actually be very cheap. I could mix it 1oz to 1gal and it costs roughly $.40 based on my gallon price I got it at. I cant think I would need it to be any stronger than that. That is twice the ratio of the waterless wash rec.

I was more thinking of preserving wax/sealant. Inevitably the fluid will get on the paint and since it wont freeze in really cold temps it has to have something that would to some degree break down the protection applied to the paint.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Jon Leidgen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PAR Detailing View Post
    Ya I totally forgot about the whole freezing thing. :doh: I will probably give it a shot this summer though. It would actually be very cheap. I could mix it 1oz to 1gal and it costs roughly $.40 based on my gallon price I got it at. I cant think I would need it to be any stronger than that. That is twice the ratio of the waterless wash rec.

I was more thinking of preserving wax/sealant. Inevitably the fluid will get on the paint and since it wont freeze in really cold temps it has to have something that would to some degree break down the protection applied to the paint.
    I created a thread last year about the exact same thing. My only concern was freezing, and I brought up the questions about whether or not washer fluid compromises an LSP at all. It didn`t seem it was a concern, but properly diluted water with ONR would be very cheap too. I think it would help with window scratches too, given the makeup of ONR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information