Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR has lots of uses but washer fluid isn`t one of them. Dedicated washer fluids are effective because of the high methanol and detergent content. Nothing in ONR or any other car wash product will cut thru stuff and flash off like that. Maybe if we invented microfiber wipers...hmmm!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was supposed to do a detail last week, and I left a spray bottle of ONR in my garage the night before. That morning when I was loading up my car, I noticed the ONR had frozen solid.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PAR Detailing View Post
    Ya I totally forgot about the whole freezing thing. :doh: I will probably give it a shot this summer though. It would actually be very cheap. I could mix it 1oz to 1gal and it costs roughly $.40 based on my gallon price I got it at. I cant think I would need it to be any stronger than that. That is twice the ratio of the waterless wash rec.

I was more thinking of preserving wax/sealant. Inevitably the fluid will get on the paint and since it wont freeze in really cold temps it has to have something that would to some degree break down the protection applied to the paint.
    From my experience, washer fluid really break down the protection applied to the paint to some degree. If i use tap water alone as a washer fluid there`ll be water spots on the hood similar to the path of water travel (only wax / sealant deep, clay or washing with dawn will remove it), but sometimes there aren`t any (i mean there`re some but normal washing can remove them) especially when it is freshly waxed / sealant. If i use `fluid` diluted with tap water (manufacturer`s suggested ratio), there`ll be water spots either it is freshly waxed or not (claying / washing with dawn alone won`t remove em). Currently i only use distiled water alone as a washer fluid to minimize chance of water spots.
    Btw, i live in tropical country, when the rain stops usually the sun instantly (except at night) shines so bright (greater chance of water spotting).

Post Thanks / Like
    303 makes these washer fluid tablets that you can either add to the fluid in the winter that help clean the windshield better and in the summer you can just mix a tablet with water to do the same thing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information