Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I am an attorney (one that once returned a car as a Lemon and got me a 1 year newer model for free - LOL) and the dealership is wrong but they are banking on people not going to the wall with these issues.

Since you only have a few months left on the warranty, you are exactly the type they prey on.

Depends on how hard you want to fight it, but suffice it to say, they cannot blanket void a warranty. They have to make a direct causal link between the problems and the mods to void not performing a specific task under warranty.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Junebug View Post
    Hey Zoom Zoom, I bought a new 1980 Z-28, yep - 12 months/12K miles and it was standard practice to take that new car back after a week so they could fix all the crap the factory left off, installed wrong and or hosed up. My how times have changed!
    I do remember those days Junebug, everyone had to bring the car for repairs after a few weeks to fix or the stuff that was miss, and you didn`t get a loaner car either.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Every BMW dealer I worked at we were very mod friendly unless it was obvious that the mod caused the problem we did not void anyones warranty. Strange the regional rep was there and chose your car to look at? Reps only come in and look at problem cars when called.

Post Thanks / Like
    Basically that was my experience too as I`ve had the car at that dealer 3 times before with the same mods on the car and they never said anything. Up to this point this particular dealer has been fairly "mod friendly". Then again, I haven`t been up there till now with a couple of problems to report (#3 cylinger misfires and a rattling wastegate actuator).

The SA was extremely apologetic and simply admitted they couldn`t get beyond the regional rep`s edict. Again, I understand but my luck simply ran out.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO these dealers that voiding warranty without any make sense reason(s) are FOOL! Usually i`m relying on reputation that a dealer at my area that carry specific make ( & model that i`ve interested to buy) has before making a purchase. And if its reputation is bad, then i will choose another make and model from another dealer, period. Fortunately, my experience has been nice ones from a dealer that i trust. Even when i got couple of months left from my 3 year warranty they still take it as serious as i just bought the car (i once had canceled a part replace since i thought that was my fault even the dealer willing to replace that with no question asked attitude!) . This kind of practice has build a dealer loyalty in me (and brand loyalty too!) and i keep spreading the good words about the dealer everywhere, Win-Win condition!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information