Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classic Cars

Post Thanks / Like
    Im finally going to applly klasse on my new car this weekend?How long after applying AIO should you wait before applying SG?

Once you get to the stage where you layer SG do you have do anything after you haved washed the car before you apply SG?what happens if there is light contamination after washing will sg seal these in?
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    You can apply it right after. AIO has a very very short curing time. Once it is on there, it is on there.

All you need to add additional layers of SG on your car is a clean pallette. Just make sure you wash the car really well. You car shouldn`t have anything on it that doesn`t come off after a wash when you already have SG on.

Post Thanks / Like
    C240-

You`re gonna love that combo - I just did my Alabaster white 02 ML320 a couple of months back - great results!

I suggest - if you`re lucky enough to have a covered garage for it - put on a layer of SG before you hit the sack, then go out the next morning, buff it off, and throw on another layer. I did this for about 5-6 coats (I`m compulsive - sue me). Left a few hours in between, without driving, buffing and repeating.

The results were, IMHO, outstanding! I bought some P21S wax and used it as a topper a few days ago. The combination is unreal - shiny, silky smooth. If the P21S is durable, I`ve got a long term combo I can live with

Post Thanks / Like
    John, where you blinded by the light too when you first took the car out into the sun? When it is sunny outside and I wash my car I have to wear sunglasses. If it gets any brighter I`m going to have to break out the welding goggles! I love how bright the Klasse made my car! I don`t know why I didn`t get a white car a long time ago.

This is MY mercedes ML after 3 coats of SG... sorry a little blury.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jngrbrdman-

You got that right!

A little background - my other two cars have been hammered by vandalism the past year and a half (thank you, tough NYC laws

I decided that although I love dark colored cars (the other two are maroon and black), I would opt for the white color, at least giving me some insulation from keying.

Little did I know what a lethal color it could be! It doesn`t get dirty easily, a quick QD makes it look good as new, and when it`s in the sun, it`s as reflective as a snow covered mountain!

But I`m digressing - I`m sure you`ll love Klasse SG on that white Benz. I know I do

Post Thanks / Like
    White, indeed, is a great color to have. It repels much of the sun`s heat and you`re absolutely right about not looking too dirty. I was a bit surprised by that with my last white car. As for the Klasse Sealant Glaze, try not to have any contaminants on the car`s surface. Applying a sealant over this will trap the contaminants underneath.

Post Thanks / Like

Classic Cars

What is your favorite Classic Car

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a big fan of the 69-70 Mopars.

69 Roadrunner, 69 Dart 340. 70 `cuda`s or Challengers.

Post Thanks / Like
    `67 Vette Roadster, 427/435, 4spd... Marina Blue of course!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill can correct me (he IS the Corvette expert here), but I believe it was a `65 split window Stingray from the TV series of the same name. Not sure what engine was in it (327, 396 as the 427 wasn`t offered until 66 - boo!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the `67 Camaro.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I am favorable to the 1978 Trans-Am Black and Gold......like Smoky and the Bandit............ I love that car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wendell jarvis View Post
    I am favorable to the 1978 Trans-Am Black and Gold......like Smoky and the Bandit............ I love that car
    I was watching Barret Jackson a few days ago, there were two cars like this that both went for over $40K! Pretty crazy price for a Trans-Am in my book...

THE classic that I would kill to own someday is a KPGC-10 Hakosuka coupe with an RB25DET, or even a built ITB`d L24!

More realistically I would love a clean 510 or 240Z. :w00t:
    Connor Harrison

Inspection -> Correction -> Protection

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, the Gt-R is killer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information