Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hyundai!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a couple of chrome trim strips on my Explorer that I would like to "black out". I`d rather it not be permanant.

Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    They sell blackout tape at most autostores in varying widths.

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai!!!

So we`ve all seen the commercials where Hyundai claims to be better than BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Lexus, etc. And with all respect, Hyundai has stepped up their game and have produced pretty nice automobiles compared to their others in the past. However, although I respect them and think they are great for SOME people, I would never, never, never, never ever buy one. Or anything Asian for that matter. I am purely a European/American fan boy and my heart goes out to BMW and Audi :notworthy:

Alot of people claim that Hyundai plans on controlling the automobile world, but I`m not too sure about this. So far BMW is far ahead IMO in technology, safety, and performance.

So what do you guys think? Is Hyundai actually a real threat to steal sales away from BMW and other big name car companies?

BTW, Im not trying to hate on Hyundai, Im just not happy when people check a Genesis when a BMW M5 is right next to one. But I guess thats my own pet peeve

Post Thanks / Like
    They can claim what they wish but until an auto manufacturer succeeds in one or more auto racing championships I`d NEVER consider them contenders.

I don`t believe they could ever be a threat to BMW.....BMW has proven themselves hands down historically. I`ve worked on many types of automobiles and have owned the 5 series for years and I can tell you it is a well engineered product and I`m not claiming this because I`m an owner.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think for the price Hyundia makes a great looking car, I really like the tribiron :2 cents:

Post Thanks / Like
    I think they have come a long way since the early days and they definitely have my attention in both appearance, build quality, value, and performance. Lets not forget about the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty.

I love European cars, but IMO they are over priced and cost of maintenance is a concern.

Ford has also caught my attention lately too, where Honda and Toyota have started to loose my interest...which is hard to say since I`ve always loved them.

Rasky
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglerider94 View Post
    They can claim what they wish but until an auto manufacturer succeeds in one or more auto racing championships I`d NEVER consider them contenders.

I don`t believe they could ever be a threat to BMW.....BMW has proven themselves hands down historically. I`ve worked on many types of automobiles and have owned the 5 series for years and I can tell you it is a well engineered product and I`m not claiming this because I`m an owner.
    I couldn`t agree more. I feel as though Hyundai ensures "false luxury", if you will, to make people think they get the same product for a cheaper price. This is totally fine in my opinion if people cannot afford to upkeep a BMW. The reason I started this thread is because some friends at school have been bothering me lately since so many magazines and internet articles say Hyundai is or will be better than BMW in a few years.

And I have absolutely nothing wrong with the tribiron. My main rants and rage go out against the Genesis and the new Equus(spelling?). I feel like Hyundai should stay in its market and let the top notch luxury and performance be left to the big boys :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlet View Post
    I couldn`t agree more. I feel as though Hyundai ensures "false luxury", if you will, to make people think they get the same product for a cheaper price. This is totally fine in my opinion if people cannot afford to upkeep a BMW. The reason I started this thread is because some friends at school have been bothering me lately since so many magazines and internet articles say Hyundai is or will be better than BMW in a few years.

And I have absolutely nothing wrong with the tribiron. My main rants and rage go out against the Genesis and the new Equus(spelling?). I feel like Hyundai should stay in its market and let the top notch luxury and performance be left to the big boys :wink:
    I`d actually like to see the Equus in person...for now, based on the photos I`ve seen I`d have to say I`m VERY impressed.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1 View Post
    I think they have come a long way since the early days and they definitely have my attention in both appearance, build quality, value, and performance. Lets not forget about the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty.

I love European cars, but IMO they are over priced and cost of maintenance is a concern.

Ford has also caught my attention lately too, where Honda and Toyota have started to loose my interest...which is hard to say since I`ve always loved them.

Rasky
    Hyundai did come a long way, and I also agree that European cars do cost alot! (but they`re so pretty and fast that I think its worth the extra price

But I still don`t believe that they can ever claim to out perform a nice BMW or even out-luxury it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The true auto enthusiasts will know the difference and I doubt very much that the BMW crowd will ever give Hyundai a thought. Although BMW`s are more expensive, if you really research the engineering which goes into their cars, well, there is a price for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Chad.

Although I am currently a BMW owner (and god, do I LOVE that car), I have been pretty impressed with what I have seen from Hyundai. The Genesis is getting great reviews, and I actually really like the Sonata. The warranty is nothing to sneeze at either.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard some reports that Hyundai doesnt honor their warranty the fullest. I read a few articles about people getting up to 90k miles and because a tiny part broke that cause a larger part to break, the warranty didnt cover it.

And my neighbor recently bought a Genesis and says within 3 months the interior starting falling apart.

Barry, what BMW do you own. I get to drive my mom`s 2008 335i when I go out, and I absolutely love it. BMW and other German manufacturers have impressed me so much that I want to save up and get one as soon as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard some reports that Hyundai doesnt honor their warranty the fullest. I read a few articles about people getting up to 90k miles and because a tiny part broke that cause a larger part to break, the warranty didnt cover it.

And my neighbor recently bought a Genesis and says within 3 months the interior starting falling apart.

Barry, what BMW do you own. I get to drive my mom`s 2008 335i when I go out, and I absolutely love it. BMW and other German manufacturers have impressed me so much that I want to save up and get one as soon as possible.
    IMO, that`s happens with all car manufactures. They will do what ever they can to try and get you to pay for the repairs. Often the uneducated get taken through the cleaners too. Pretty sad actually.
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2006 330xi. I am actually selling it though.
    I am open to offers
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a beautiful car Barry. Especially with the AWD. I actually would consider it, except I`m living on campus next year and cannot have a car as a Freshman Good luck selling it though! I am sure it will find a very nice home, maybe even with another BMW to keep it company :p

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information