Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hyundai!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    In November of 2001, my wife bought a 2002 Elantra...loaded with an automatic. We put 140k miles on it, using it as a 3rd car when it hit about 90k. This past summer, I sold it to a coworker when we got a new car.

That was without a doubt, the best car we have ever owned, in terms of being trouble free. The alternator and throttle position sensor went out at 60k, and the dealer replaced them under warranty. Besides that, we did nothing but maintenance. I could drive that car to work (city driving) and get 29 to 31 mpg. On the highway, it would consistently get 38-40 mpg.

All in all, not to bad for a car she paid @ $12k for back then.

I don`t currently own a Hyundai, now that we sold that one, but I wouldn`t be afraid to own another. My parents just bought a new Santa Fe, and they love it.
    David Strum
    Charlotte, NC

Finance during the week, finishes on the weekends.

Post Thanks / Like
    I diddmt read the whole thread but have you seen the Hyundai equus? Super nice but 60 k for a hyundai?
    Paul
    Eastside Auto Spa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAutoSpa View Post
    I diddmt read the whole thread but have you seen the Hyundai equus? Super nice but 60 k for a hyundai?
    Its truly an amazing vehicle for the price. If you were looking at a considerable BMW with the same options you would have to look at the big dog 7 series in which case you double the price. It would be nice if Hyundia made it in AWD. But for the Equus to have 385hp V8 and more standard options than the standard 7 series or LS460. I think its a pretty damn awesome car for the price. Once we get one here in Omaha at a friends dealership I am going to go test drive it just to see how it drives. Not that I have the money for one, jsut because im extremely curious. The owners manual comes on a Apple Ipad.
    Michael Glissman

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet !! Hyundai really has their game straight .
    Ron

Post Thanks / Like

Euro Cars

I have owned three BMW;s, an x3, z3 and 531. This car are not reliable and once out of warrenty they cost a fortune to repair. True they generally handle nicely. I have owned 6 MB`s and they are of average reliablity.
    I have owned two 911`s and they are just great in all aspects of ownership. except for all over cost.

I owed several Japanese makes and they have been generally unbelievlity
    reliable. There are reasons not to like them. But on cost and reliablity they are hands down better then their German counterparts.
    A Toyota Camery will run any Volkswagen- Audi into the grave and you have tons of bucks left over. Read consumer report and/ or ask any honest tech.

I am 73 years old and have owned over thirty autos. the worst being made in this country, ( Unfortunatley)

Buy what you like.
    But do not fool yourself

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information