Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: LED Fog Light VS Halogen

Just a "gee, the knowledge here!" post after reading about repurposing the oe switchgear...man, the stuff some of you know!

Post Thanks / Like

When all said and done, do you go all nucular and finagle a way on the console. How big is the CB behind - relative to the buttons....aka, is there a blank panel akin to a blank panel you might find on the overhead console. Or or same dip switch in center console or even the overhead consonole, where a homelink button, etc is not used.

Post Thanks / Like

The panel isn`t that large, maybe about 7-8 inches wide. Worst case is I keep the switch hidden under the steering wheel an no one can see.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Making that 1`st hole is always the hard one when you second guess the decision ;-)
    Part of the Autopian OCD way eh.

Post Thanks / Like

Or a climate control module with more of the buttons could be sourced. Driver has no need to be drilling holes in the climate control module, there’s a way to do this install cleanly. From my google results of the climate control modules with multiple switches (more than three) the switches clip into the circuit board. I’m hoping that Volvo went the Toyota route and wired every single car the exact same, no matter the options. If Volvo did, there should be a circuit board behind Drivers face plate (he knows what I’m talking about) that is just waiting for switches. Continuing with this assumption, there would need to be programming for the switches, too. I am not sure how possible this is, but if what I said can happen, then I wonder if he can get the factory connectors and connect to this module and wire the switches to his lights, no interior drilling required.

Post Thanks / Like

re: interior drilling....I meant depending his access, a wire still is coming from the front through the firewall and back in.
    And depending on whether he want`s to go simple and just stick the relay under the hood and or route it back to where the ~other~ relays are/cabin fusebox, etc.

A

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    There is a circuit board board, the only thing that sucks is I`ll have to "buy" the software from Volvo via Vida to engage the button. They actually do an update an it activates the switch. There actually is an auxiliary lighting switch with software but I don`t think it`s capable of handling the output and it only works when the high beams are on so it`s only capable of two modes.
    What year are your S60?

Volvo has so you can put in the original switch to the extra lights in the climate control panel or under it. The software is already there so you just follow the instructions to activate it. The problem could be the multi switch you need. Is there day lights and half lights to the high beam lights? Or is it to have 2 different effects and those to the day lights?

I have a link I save which is on the Swedish Volvo forum that guides you through it. I save it and can try to translate to you if you want to get some information. The extra lights is very common on cars here in Sweden. And you get a lot of information about setting it up and mount. Just pm me or write in the thread and I will try to help out if I can.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Paging Bulb Nerdz
    Is H11 HIDZ so PIAA 1980`s

LOL. I have a set of projector fogs that uses a H11 HID bulb. In googling at the *real/reputable* not so fake bulb supplier, plenty of the typical nitebreakers and CBI, but I`m not seeing much on H11 2700K HID bulbs.

What am I missing ?

Post Thanks / Like

Should I post my identical cars one with all LED, one with all halogen and incandescent?
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Or a climate control module with more of the buttons could be sourced. Driver has no need to be drilling holes in the climate control module, there’s a way to do this install cleanly. From my google results of the climate control modules with multiple switches (more than three) the switches clip into the circuit board. I’m hoping that Volvo went the Toyota route and wired every single car the exact same, no matter the options. If Volvo did, there should be a circuit board behind Drivers face plate (he knows what I’m talking about) that is just waiting for switches. Continuing with this assumption, there would need to be programming for the switches, too. I am not sure how possible this is, but if what I said can happen, then I wonder if he can get the factory connectors and connect to this module and wire the switches to his lights, no interior drilling required.
    There definitely is, now that I have 2 of the same car they are identical. However I need to see if I can override the software and if it can even handle the power being it`s 210 watts?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    There definitely is, now that I have 2 of the same car they are identical. However I need to see if I can override the software and if it can even handle the power being it`s 210 watts?!
    You just need your interior button to engage a relay’d circuit that the 210 watts will be on

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    You just need your interior button to engage a relay’d circuit that the 210 watts will be on
    Yasss..as long as there is a wiring diagram that exists.
    I ran into a bug recently with PWM issues on a LED circuit. Going to switch things up, run a relay for power, and take the output into the relay to get rid of the PWM .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Yasss..as long as there is a wiring diagram that exists.
    I ran into a bug recently with PWM issues on a LED circuit. Going to switch things up, run a relay for power, and take the output into the relay to get rid of the PWM .
    You may have to completely turn off the OEM DRL and run an added circuit for DRL on the LP9`s. I am in the long term planning stages of my headlight retrofit and for what I want do, I need to completely turn off my factory DRL and will be running an added DRL circuit to run Panamera type projector shrouds as DRL.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information