Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Online auto parts suppliers

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I just need it to get me by for most of the year, I think im` gonna trade in the truck sometime in the summer and get a newer used daily driver
    Come up here to PA and get you a nice late model Frontier 4x4 6mt, they seem to be going cheap up here.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    amazon and rock auto for new

for used, i use car-part.com if they`re still around (haven`t needed "old" parts in some time)
    This EXACTLY for me too! Love both sites
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    Come up here to PA and get you a nice late model Frontier 4x4 6mt, they seem to be going cheap up here.
    I was thinking more STI Impreza hatchback. They stopped making them. I always wanted one. They are kind of funky looking, yes. But man that seems like it`d be a fun daily driver for a few years then I`d get rid of it and get a german car probably.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking more STI Impreza hatchback. They stopped making them. I always wanted one. They are kind of funky looking, yes. But man that seems like it`d be a fun daily driver for a few years then I`d get rid of it and get a german car probably.
    German cars are definitely drivers car. Mine is a blast, especially with the manual transmission. Can you guess which one gets pulled out of the garage most often?
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

I might as well vote for Rock Auto and Amazon too. The only two online places I buy auto parts from. I am a frequenter of the Autozone brick and mortar store.

Post Thanks / Like

If it`s for winter, make sure *YOU* like it. My 1st-gen (Impreza) WRX hatch was utterly *AWFUL* in snow, and that`s with the exact same tires we ran on a similar Audi Quattro (which was *great* in snow). Subarus might all have AWD, but IME that doesn`t mean they`re all great winter vehicles. Both of mine were terrible disappointments after decades with other AWD/4WD vehicles.

It was so bad I usually parked it and drove a RWD/non-ABS vehicle (with a good LSD and snows) instead just because it worked so much better in bad weather.

And both of my Subarus (both bought new) were in the shop *constantly* for issues that the dealerships could seldom fix....sold both while *still under warranty* with CELs lit up and other problems unresolved. (Yeah yeah.... coulda/woulda/shoulda done the Lemon Law thing but didn`t want to bother.)

All that said, I still toy with the idea of buying another pre-20005 Subie wagon, some lessons take me a while to truly learn

And yeah, I know that every other Subaru owner has apparently had a trouble-free experience with `em; ya pays your money and ya takes your chances, good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    If it`s for winter, make sure *YOU* like it. My 1st-gen (Impreza) WRX hatch was utterly *AWFUL* in snow, and that`s with the exact same tires we ran on a similar Audi Quattro (which was *great* in snow). Subarus might all have AWD, but IME that doesn`t mean they`re all great winter vehicles. Both of mine were terrible disappointments after decades with other AWD/4WD vehicles.

It was so bad I usually parked it and drove a RWD/non-ABS vehicle (with a good LSD and snows) instead just because it worked so much better in bad weather.

And both of my Subarus (both bought new) were in the shop *constantly* for issues that the dealerships could seldom fix....sold both while *still under warranty* with CELs lit up and other problems unresolved. (Yeah yeah.... coulda/woulda/shoulda done the Lemon Law thing but didn`t want to bother.)

All that said, I still toy with the idea of buying another pre-20005 Subie wagon, some lessons take me a while to truly learn

And yeah, I know that every other Subaru owner has apparently had a trouble-free experience with `em; ya pays your money and ya takes your chances, good luck.
    I don`t think it`s snowed here in over two years. I definitely have no need for a winter vehicle, just wouldn`t mind having a nicer daily driver so I am not as tempted to drive my SRT every day (it just hit 80k miles).
    I`m sure I`ll end up with more of a grown up type vehicle, but who knows.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think it`s snowed here in over two years. I definitely have no need for a winter vehicle...
    Heh heh, Note To Self: He`s in TEXAS you dummy!

More "grown up" a vehicle than what? Your SRT? Eh, get any more conservative than that and you`ll turn into somebody like me. 80K? IMO that`s just starting to get broken-in.

But seriously, I simply *HATED* driving my WRX despite really, *really*, *REALLY* wanting to like it. And my wife, who was driving an old-school Turbo Quattro at the time (and who never wore out a clutch in her life...meaning "no slipping it to launch") thought the turbo lag of the WRX made it downright unsafe..."you can`t pull out of our street in something that slow!" Eh, I`m being Mr Doom-and-Gloom again..but be sure you know you like it before you buy any Subaru. After your SRT...well, good luck with that

Post Thanks / Like

Brandt just needs a 4-ton SUV to get even worse gas mileage
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    Brandt just needs a 4-ton SUV to get even worse gas mileage
    hey I get a respectable 16 mpg overall in my SRT from driving to work and back

8.1 mpg at the drag strip

and a mind boggling 18.5 on the highway at 70- lol

I actually will probably end up with a SRT Jeep which gets WORSE mileage than my SRT Challenger, lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, Note To Self: He`s in TEXAS you dummy!

More "grown up" a vehicle than what? Your SRT? Eh, get any more conservative than that and you`ll turn into somebody like me. 80K? IMO that`s just starting to get broken-in.

But seriously, I simply *HATED* driving my WRX despite really, *really*, *REALLY* wanting to like it. And my wife, who was driving an old-school Turbo Quattro at the time (and who never wore out a clutch in her life...meaning "no slipping it to launch") thought the turbo lag of the WRX made it downright unsafe..."you can`t pull out of our street in something that slow!" Eh, I`m being Mr Doom-and-Gloom again..but be sure you know you like it before you buy any Subaru. After your SRT...well, good luck with that
    wow. good info

well I`m not getting rid of the SRT, period..it`s only gonna be replaced with a Hellcat or if dodge makes a cool new SRT from the Alpha Romero chasis they`re gonna start using soon

the only non mopar vehicle I`d trade my SRT for would be if I could find a good conditioned 2JZ Supra (last body style) but those cost almost as much as my friggin house these days

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That`s one bad SUV!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information