Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just got an estimate for an all AMSOIL fluid change (motor/trans/diff) is this a good price?

I just got 2 more estimates (to make the wife happy). First is the shop SHE wants me to go to, since her dad has always gone there. THEIR estimate is $305 + shop fees + tax which equals about $350 and they aren`t using synthetics for the trans & diff.

Then there`s the Stealership who wants $439 + tax which comes to about $470.

I think I`ll go with Gearheads (the name of the shop) and if they want to pull the diff cover and manually clean it out, more power to them.Personally I would like to see ALL THREE areas flushed with fresh fluids before they are refilled to get the most possible crud out of them.

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just got an estimate for an all AMSOIL fluid change (motor/trans/diff) is this a good price?

Sounds reasonable to me. I used Amsoil for years. I ran it exclusively in a VW Golf for over 200K miles. A mechanic opened up the engine after I sold it and he said everything looked as good as new. I stopped using Amsoil just because I got tired of ordering it online.
    Thanks Don thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Sounds reasonable to me. I used Amsoil for years. I ran it exclusively in a VW Golf for over 200K miles. A mechanic opened up the engine after I sold it and he said everything looked as good as new. I stopped using Amsoil just because I got tired of ordering it online.
    I never liked the idea of ordering it online, it was so much easier when my mechanic (before he fell off the face of the earth) stocked it and would do the change for the cost of the parts, no labor.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I ran Amsoil when it was reasonable and less than Mobil 1. Now they have gotten all High and Miighty, I run Mobil 1 that I get on sale in bulk when it is available. Walmart has it on sale very often in my area. That for my owned vehicles. For my leases, the dealer can put ion the cheapest that wont void my warranty. It their car, and I am not paying for synthetic for the their car. If they want to let them pout it in there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Besides I DID check, and AMSOIL 5W30 XL is $8.80 qt and Mobil 1 Ext Perf is $10.00 qt..
    Im not sure exactly which Mobil 1 that is, but I use the ESP in my Nissan and get a 5 liter bottle at Walmart for $28 - which comes out to less than $6 a quart.

The only time I go to WM is to buy this oil - because it`s so much less than anywhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Im not sure exactly which Mobil 1 that is, but I use the ESP in my Nissan and get a 5 liter bottle at Walmart for $28 - which comes out to less than $6 a quart.

The only time I go to WM is to buy this oil - because it`s so much less than anywhere else.
    That`s the only time I go to WM too but all I do is take a picture of the product. Then I walk across the parking lot and have Auto Zone match the price collecting the bonus points for the purchase.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information