Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Would you have this fixed? Wait??

JSFM35X- Agree completely, based on decades of personal experience similar to yours, and I`m a bit stumped regarding why your response would elicit some sort of Personal Attack.

Sonic Mustang- While the Manufacturer is technically on the hook for the expense of a Warranty Repair, I`ve had *numerous* occasions where dealerhips (in most cases the owner personally) picked up the tab for doing things to my satisfaction. Even had the owner of an Audi dealership give me 100% of my purchase price (tax, etc., every penny) towards a new car after an A6 4.2 continued to display DBW issues. The car had thousands of miles on it, and the Regional Rep said it was within specs, but the owner (right in front of that Rep) said "your happiness is worth more to me than that kind of money" and that was that. Even let me keep driving the A6 for months (and thousands of miles) while we waited for my S8. In the long run, it was a wise business decision on his part. Somebody can always write a check if they care enough. No, they don`t have to, just as I don`t have to continue to patronize that dealership.
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t disagree with you at all, Accumulator. I just find it amusing that the OP actually was debating on if and when to bring this problem to the dealer`s attention and a bunch of people opined on how to handle the recalcitrant dealer even before it was brought to his attention. I specifically replied to someone who obviously doesn`t have a clue how warranty claims are handled.

Most guys think dealers are anti claims. They`re not. The manufacturers have become more and more picky about what they will pay for. Dealers submit warranty claims for reimbursement. If the manufacturer doesn`t buy it, the dealer is out the money.
    Dislikes Ronkh, JSFM35X disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang View Post
    I don`t disagree with you at all, Accumulator. I just find it amusing that the OP actually was debating on if and when to bring this problem to the dealer`s attention and a bunch of people opined on how to handle the recalcitrant dealer even before it was brought to his attention. I specifically replied to someone who obviously doesn`t have a clue how warranty claims are handled.

Most guys think dealers are anti claims. They`re not. The manufacturers have become more and more picky about what they will pay for. Dealers submit warranty claims for reimbursement. If the manufacturer doesn`t buy it, the dealer is out the money.

First of all, I don`t have a clue as to how a dealer handles claims ?!?!?!

Step off....

My worry is not how it would be handled. My worry was and is whether or not they are competent to my standards, or if I`d be happier leaving it alone.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes JSFM35X, glfnaz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh
    .. I don`t have a clue as to how a dealer handles claims ?!?!?!
    I could be wrong, but I *think* he was referring to JSFM35X.

Where you were concerned, I *think* Sonic Mustang was wondering why you were debating whether to go through the Dealer or not (I myself would debate that vs. private shop at my own expense) or even whether to have it fixed at all (I figure you were considering the "opening a can-o`-worms" thing).

I... I specifically replied to someone who obviously doesn`t have a clue how warranty claims are handled..
    Eh, I`d dial back the "obviously doesn`t have a clue" talk, not too many folks like that here at Autopia, and JSFM35X sure doesn`t qualify. Quite the opposite in fact.

I`ve gotten to know JSFM35X a bit, he`s *far* from clueless regarding warranty claims or most any other automotive topic. He was merely expressing himself via generalities that might`ve been easy to misinterpret.

Most guys think...
    Heh heh, yeah, probably...but keep in mind that the vast majority of Autopians are far less ignorant than "most guys"
    Likes GearHead_1, Migue, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

<---- more or less ignorant
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

The title of your very own thread says you were not sure about pursuing a claim immediately or putting it off. The options you proposed were not do I file a claim or not, but when.

As for JSFMX35DFERDFGRTF, anyone who suggests warranty claims costs are covered by dealers doesn`t have a clue. I didn`t opine on his knowledge in any other areas, only automobile warranty claims. Maybe some of you think a few thousand posts makes a member an expert on everything. I do not share that belief. Are you guys really this touchy? Do you need a safe space?
    Dislikes Ronkh disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Likes Old Pirate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    First of all, I don`t have a clue as to how a dealer handles claims ?!?!?!

Step off....
    Try reading more carefully, you stepped on yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, poking the bear.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Ooh, poking the bear.
    Ooh, it looks like the bear knows how to hit the dislike button. Should I be offended, concerned or scared? Hitting that dislike could be dangerous for a bear. He could snap a claw. Ronkh seems to be very thin skinned. Oh look, the bear liked your post! Wow! Do you think Ronkh has ever read Lord of the Flies?

I wish he wasn`t such a baby as he just perpetuates a Corvette owner stereotype. The choice of snowflake white seems appropriate for him.

Post Thanks / Like

I wish he wasn`t such a baby as he just perpetuates a Corvette owner stereotype. .
    And before that a bmw owner x 10

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, it looks like the bear knows how to hit the dislike button. Should I be offended, concerned or scared? Hitting that dislike could be dangerous for a bear. He could snap a claw. Ronkh seems to be very thin skinned. Oh look, the bear liked your post! Wow! Do you think Ronkh has ever read Lord of the Flies?

I wish he wasn`t such a baby as he just perpetuates a Corvette owner stereotype. The choice of snowflake white seems appropriate for him.
    You had a short stint at ag, figured you`d learn by that. Guess not.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that UN looked familiar.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Are you referring to my first, second, third, fourth,fifth or sixth stint? Just don`t ask me to review your TV show!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information