Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Would you have this fixed? Wait??

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes Stokdgs, Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That stinks. I would get it fixed. If you`re like me every time you look at the car that`s all you will see and it will drive you crazy. I would be going through the same thought process you are though.

Post Thanks / Like

One side may look like ss now, but that may be some left over dirt since i`m kinda scared to get it with too much cleaning.

The chips are on the lower trailing edge of the front quarter panel vents.

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Shawn
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I`d do Xpel or similar product after the dealer fixes it for you
    my buddy with the Plum Hellcat Challenger did his entire front end and satin black hood as well as the parts where rubber would come up at the track on his rear fenders

he loves it

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I`d do Xpel or similar product after the dealer fixes it for you
    my buddy with the Plum Hellcat Challenger did his entire front end and satin black hood as well as the parts where rubber would come up at the track on his rear fenders

he loves it

Big $$$$$

Post Thanks / Like

Oh shoot, that is one massive pita. Sorry Ron. I`d have it fixed asap before it rusts up, especially in between gaps. I hope the dealer takes care of it well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Big $$$$$
    I agree.

You planning on a new Z soon?
    If not, then it`s investment worthy if you ask me.
    But I love spending other people`s money for them

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by milky View Post
    Oh shoot, that is one massive pita. Sorry Ron. I`d have it fixed asap before it rusts up, especially in between gaps. I hope the dealer takes care of it well.
    Rust is one problem I don`t have to worry about on this car.......... (at least not on this part of car.)

Post Thanks / Like

As ugly as this is Ron, in my opinion it could be worse. At least it`s a fender and the whole thing can be painted as opposed to an area where the only option is to try to blend the paint. I`ve seen some pretty good blends but in the end when you stare at the repair you`ll notice the fade. All they have to do here is get a perfect match, make a quality repair and somehow stop this from happening again. I still think that vent is coming in contact or vibrating in such a way that it is causing this corner to fail. Best of luck.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Not so isolated as I figured.........

From a vette forum:

Quote Originally Posted by 2016 Z06 View Post
    Mine are the same way. I have seen other guys on here with the same problem. I was going to take it to dealer but I`m afraid to let them paint it. Please let me know what they tell you.. If you open the back hatch of your car is there paint rubbing off there to?? It seems to be only on the white cars. I have owned many new cars and I have to say that this has been the worst for paint issues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    As ugly as this is Ron, in my opinion it could be worse. At least it`s a fender and the whole thing can be painted as opposed to an area where the only option is to try to blend the paint. I`ve seen some pretty good blends but in the end when you stare at the repair you`ll notice the fade. All they have to do here is get a perfect match, make a quality repair and somehow stop this from happening again. I still think that vent is coming in contact or vibrating in such a way that it is causing this corner to fail. Best of luck.
    Vent is flexing there. And another thing to add to your post, is match should be pretty easy as it`s new.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Vent is flexing there. And another thing to add to your post, is match should be pretty easy as it`s new.
    My thoughts exactly. You just need to find a painter that takes his craft seriously. I had a new 1994 Pontiac Bonneville SSEL that needed to have a fender re-sprayed. I took it back to the dealer where I had purchased it. I thought, hey no big deal, new car. I went to pick the car up only to find that they offered 2 colors of white that year. They had sprayed the wrong one and thought I wouldn`t notice. It was the difference of Snow White and a Pearl White. I looked at them, like are you kidding?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

RonK - So sorry this had to happen...
    I bet you are just sick about it..
    I know I would be..

For that much paint to lift off and not just chip off makes it seem like it never really adhered because of what Migue said above - poorly prepped the surface underneath..

And it`s on both sides ??

You mentioned this area is flexed a lot, right ? Well then if this is the case and the paint is flexing too, they better put the flexing agent in the mix or the paint will be flexing and breaking off too.

It`s the same flex agent they put into the paint that covers plastic bumpers, etc., so they can be pushed in occasionally, and the paint doesnt crack...

I just read Shawn350`s article - not good if that is what GM did and it is what your car is made of...
    I am just sick that they would do this..
    Good luck, Amigo !
    Dan F

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information