Quote Originally Posted by Vega@Autopia View Post
Wow checking a clients air pressure and filling their tires is an awesome courtesy service add-on I never thought of! Thanks Dan!

I was talking to a detailer recently and he told me he started off mobile detailing and he would notice most cars he detailed were due for an oil change. So he would offer an oil change package to change their oil before having the car detailed. It sounds like an amazing idea to me. I know a lot of people would LOVE the convenience of an oil change while having their car detailed in their own driveway.
Good reminder. And quality gage is a must. I bought one of the accutire models from AG and have been happy with it. I use it every couple months to set the pressure specified on door plate and then reset the TPMS.

Just a thought on the add-on service though. I`m not a pro, but a word of caution when adjusting tire pressure on someone else`s car. Although tire wear is the most common problem resulting from improper pressure, it can also cause handling issues and the potential for blowouts on extremely worn tires. If I was a pro, and saw very worn tires on a customer car, I would recommend that you all just alert your customer to the issue instead of adding air yourself. You don`t want liability issues. If you are a professional in the industry, even though you are not a tire shop or installer, and you do anything to the tires, if then the customer has a blowout or an accident where the tires contributed to the problem you don`t want to be sued or blamed. The "innocent [read clueless] consumer" will always have the benefit of the doubt. You will be the one dealing with proof problems to establish that the problem was the tire condition and that your adjusting the pressure didn`t contribute to the issue. This scenario might seem remote, and probably is, but even BS lawsuits or claims take real money to defend. Unfortunately these days, common sense and basic reality are not deterrents to the filing of lawsuits.