Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why I Don`t Let Nobody Touch my Car - They`re Trying to Kill Me !!

Swanicyouth- I don`t think I`d just show up a day later without getting some confirmation from them that the rescheduling is OK. I`d be all paranoid about being their least favorite customer as it is, so I`d try to avoid situations where they could further [mess] with me.

Post Thanks / Like

I think one reason for poor work is because most people expect things to be done quickly. I work at a BMW dealer as a service valet and it`s part of our job to do basic things when customers come in like check tire pressure, top off oil, coolant, etc.

Anyway, when people come in when their TPM light comes on, they expect to be in and out in 2 minutes, but instead they complain when it takes 20 minutes. We take their car into the shop, put it on a lift, check and correct tire pressures, inspect all tires and valve stems for leaks or nails, etc. Then we reset the TPM system and drive around the lot to make sure it is reset and all is good.

People would rather be in and out then wait and make sure the techs take their time and check their work. We`re not like that where I work and we just let customers know that things take time, but I could see it as a reason why some shops rush and forget simple things like to tighten nuts and bolts.

Post Thanks / Like

Well to close this thread, I went back and had the car aligned today at the "Bimmer" place. No apology or anything. I think the owner was trying to avoid me to be honest. It was a small place and he seemed to be scarce when I was there. Won`t be going back there again.

I guess I`m spoiled as I`ve always dealt with Ottos BMW and those people can`t seem to do enough for me. I don`t know why I decided to try this place... I wasn`t trying to save money; just thought this "performance" BMW shop might be kind of cool or what not.

As an aside, most of the aftermarket "performance parts" places like this install just look like a bunch of garbage to me. I`m not real keen on aftermarket parts or a big believer most of them go through the engineering, testing, or vehicle compatibility of the manufacturer`s factory part.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Well to close this thread, I went back and had the car aligned today at the "Bimmer" place. No apology or anything. I think the owner was trying to avoid me to be honest. It was a small place and he seemed to be scarce when I was there. Won`t be going back there again.

I guess I`m spoiled as I`ve always dealt with Ottos BMW and those people can`t seem to do enough for me. I don`t know why I decided to try this place... I wasn`t trying to save money; just thought this "performance" BMW shop might be kind of cool or what not.

As an aside, most of the aftermarket "performance parts" places like this install just look like a bunch of garbage to me. I`m not real keen on aftermarket parts or a big believer most of them go through the engineering, testing, or vehicle compatibility of the manufacturer`s factory part.
    Probably embarrassed or worried what you`d say
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Any Owner, Manager, Foreman, Front Desk, and Mechanic worth their salt, should have the desire to want to come meet you and apologize for the mistake/s made in their shop.

It`s called taking Responsibility - something that this world in general is trying to not do any longer..

I am so sad that this man or however many people it is, could not have the common decency to come out, apologize for all the crap they put you through, and thank you for not suing them at the least..

I would never go back to anyone that seems to be in Denial of common business courtesy, at the very least...

We are living in a time when everything Right is now Wrong, and everything Wrong is now Right...

I hope you have time to post up on that Site that recommended these people and let them know your experiences there..

Hope their ReWork turned out ok -geez !!!
    Dan F
    Likes ca.detailchick liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Swanicyouth- No real surprise that they were so lousy about the whole thing, but I`m sorry to hear it anyhow. At least you have Otto`s.

Hope that Otto`s stays in business; when my indie shop (EuroCar Service) quit working on cars to focus on their mailorder tuning company (I ECS Tuning) I ended up selling off a bunch of my vehicles!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information