Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What tires are you running for winter

Quote Originally Posted by wifehatescar
    Not to bust your bubble, but I think Bob`s Civic is 4 lug? At least my 98 Acura is 4 lug. You are selling for a good price though
    Yeah, I have 4 lug.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are the tires I run:

I bought them from the warehouse that supplies Dunn Tire. I got them at wholesale pricing ($55), but have seen them for about $75 or so in ads. They look meaner in person. I drove back from York, PA through six or more of snow without problems. I formed my own traffic lanes and had 4x4 trucks following me.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P
    Here are the tires I run:

I bought them from the warehouse that supplies Dunn Tire. I got them at wholesale pricing ($55), but have seen them for about $75 or so in ads. They look meaner in person. I drove back from York, PA through six or more of snow without problems. I formed my own traffic lanes and had 4x4 trucks following me.
    What are they?

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a truck tire...probably not what Bob wants on the old Civic
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone had experience with these??
    http://greendiamondtire.com/index.html
    I have been shopping for winter tires also... Any input would be appreciated..

I1

Livin' the good life
    Post Thanks / Like

inspector1: what size are you looking for & what are you putting them on?
    There`s a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

Post Thanks / Like

NYV6Coupe,

15" on an 02 EXV6 Sedan

Prefer new only!

I1

Livin' the good life
    Post Thanks / Like

If you`re interested I can send you pics of the 15" Blizzaks I have. They were used about 1/2 a winter & I upgraded to 17`s for summer so I put four 16" Blizzaks on my 16" alloys. I`m asking $400.

I`d be willing to meet you somewhere to avoid the shipping cost.

The Blizzak`s have 10/32nd`s tread, no patches or plugs, mounted on steel wheels (with wheel covers), balanced & ready to go.

Let me know

Post Thanks / Like

Kumho Ecsta Supra 712`s up front,

Nitto 555R Drag radials out back.

Oh wait, I live in FL. Don`t mind me

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Family has been in the wheel biz since they were wooden:eek yes since the late 1880`s ...blizzak`s are what we all run on cars, on 4x4 trucks it really doesn`t matter unless you`re planning on mudding...
    I still have a set of blizzak`s from my minivan in the wharehouse that we had for 8 years and went through 1 1/2 sets (6 tires) ..they handled great wet or dry , but were a bit more noisy than the Michelins we ran the rest of the year and didn`t corner as well on dry pavement...went through a few blizzards with them and would defintely recommend them for winter driving even though they are a little more expensive..
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    Family has been in the wheel biz since they were wooden:eek yes since the late 1880`s ...blizzak`s are what we all run on cars, on 4x4 trucks it really doesn`t matter unless you`re planning on mudding...
    I still have a set of blizzak`s from my minivan in the wharehouse that we had for 8 years and went through 1 1/2 sets (6 tires) ..they handled great wet or dry , but were a bit more noisy than the Michelins we ran the rest of the year and didn`t corner as well on dry pavement...went through a few blizzards with them and would defintely recommend them for winter driving even though they are a little more expensive..
    Sweet....I think next week I might go get a set thrown on my winter tires.

I got a price from a local guy for $365 + tax for four.....So, it better freaking snow a lot this winter! LOL

Livin' the good life
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy
    Blizzak`s are excellent winter tires, I use `em on all four corners and find the investment worth it.

If you, your children, or your significant other are a bit leary about winter driving, Blizzaks = confidence.

Post Thanks / Like

Use caution on dry roads with certain Blizzaks. I`m seeing more and more negatives on that tire brand handling off the snow ... The Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet is warning against using Blizzak tires ...

"Blizzak is a traffic hazard.
    A manufacturer which as a consequence pays no attention to safe driving on asphalt is the Japanese Bridgestone, and now it has gone so far that we cannot recommend their studless Blizzak tire any longer. Blizzak has such bad driving properties on asphalt that it must be considered a traffic hazard!
    It began already almost ten years ago when, during a car test, I made a couple of easy right-lefts on dry asphalt with a test car with Blizzak tires. I was on the point of skidding off the road.
    When the car got other tires the driving properties became decidedly better.
    Then we introduced asphalt tests also for winter tires. We now test braking on wet asphalt and the "moose test", that is, avoidance maneuver, and other stability tests on dry asphalt.
    But when certain manufacturers continue to prioritize snow and ice properties at the cost of stability on asphalt, we have now introduced a minimum requirement on asphalt. When the tire does not come up to certain fundamental requirements the tire is not approved, however good it may be on snow and ice.
    Therefore we must advise against the best seller Bridgestone Blizzak. A sudden avoidance maneuver with Blizzak tires can easily end up as an "unexplainable" accident in the ditch or in front of an oncoming car."

Post Thanks / Like

I run Vredestein Wintrac V XL. Awesome tire made in Holland. V Speed rated and xtra load (XL).

http://www.vredestein.com/english/

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that might also have to do with the size and width of the tires used...very small and thin winter tires may not have as good of handling. I had wide tires on my minivan and we usually drove them well into spring and winters here are hardly near what would be seen in the western NY lake snow effect belt, and not only did they last on dry pavement but we never had a handling problems, and I wouldn`t say my wife is a great driver:lol
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information