Did not really know where to put this so I decided to put it here. I have a ODD idea that I want to try.. It will give me a Lesson in detailing and possibly others.

I want to HIGHLY Detail my car being detailed/restored . but detailed by the members on this site. with me buying products and tools and doing the job. but buying the tools and products suggested by you guys. Starting from the ground up (IE: tires wheels chassis motor interior then paint last.)

Thread was copy and pasted from another forum so it jumps around.. the video at the end is as of Saturday.

If you Guys are down for the experiment please chime in. If not here is my build so far. on what my wife calls Dilbert aka Blue whale.

After selling my 05 VW Jetta GLI

I told my wife no more newer cars...So I started looking around Craigslist looking for something a bit more classic. Something that you had to actually Drive when you are behind the wheel. I was looking at older muscle cars, air-cooled VWs. Then my wife suggested to look at older Volvo`s (her first 3 cars where Volvo`s a 244,850, and 740 wagon.) So I started looking around didn`t find anything that really caught my fancy. Then one morning I stumbled across this gem.

I called the number at 7 am and met the owner and his son that night after work and drove it home. basically the car sat that way other then me doing minor work to it painting the wheels with black pasti dip then ripping it off.

2 months ago. I did some diag work to the car it was running rough.. and driving 80 miles a day I couldn`t let it die on me. so I soon found out that I was running on only 3 cylinders.My options where pull it all apart and fix it. and drive my slo 245 all around or lets get fun with it.
So I Picked up a 1990 740 TI from a buddy for 400 dollars. his shop had it sitting in the back for 3 years customer never came and paid the bill for his rebuilt engine and turbo.
which after battling the black widows and daddy long legs this was retrieved

I then started to work out the details and started to collect parts. I picked up a MS set up from cosbySweater. (GREAT PERSON TO DEAL WITH he gave me everything needed to run this set up and even gave me a wonderful picture diagram on how to install it).

Now up to date!
I have pulled the dead and very very tired b23 out of the 245.

Before

Cleaned up the engine bay. Still needs some more love.

Plans are to have the turbo motor in the car and running by xmas.. this is a engine/trans/and ms install I have tons of work to do! looking to get around 250hp for now and then build the old b23 for max hp and big turbo fun!

suspension plans are to be bagged

full cage and t5 swap eventually.

My current daily. Thank GOD I live in AZ

Got the engine in Saturday with the wife`s help

played with Megasquirt wiring yesterday waiting on parts to arrive to work today to keep on trucking

Volvo 245 on Ms2v3 - YouTube (video Dont know how to embed here.)

but car runs now!! still waiting on some parts until I can drive her. the video is short because of no coolant and intercooler.

So first part of the Experiment is Wheels/tires and Wheel wells.
What Products and tools am I buying... keep it reasonable.