Thread: Pdr

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sorry if this questions has been asked already, but I am really confused on what to do at the moment. I was wondering what is the best thing to use for the klasse system. Would I be better off using mf or cotton towels? If I did go with towels, my local linen n things sells royal velvets for 4.99 for a bath towel. Is this a bad buy? or should I go with charismas?

Thanks,

-briancl

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer MF towels over Cotton for paint work and interior. Others may disagree. But I suggest you get a few of each and experiment for yourself and see which you like and for what tasks.

I use cotton for applying leather dressings to the seats.

I also use surgical cotton towels for the final buffing of windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    $4.99 for bath-sized RV`s is a pretty good deal. When using them, either get the edges serged or make sure the `beauty-band` and folded ends do not touch your paint.

I would do what Guess My Name suggests. The decision to go with MF or cotton all depends on your own personal tastes. I like to use large MF towels for drying and cotton for buffing sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    If buying MF towels you should use the Neatitems towels

They seem to be a favorite on the atopia boards and i ordered some and they look pretty good.

Get the mint colored green for less lint on the stiching

Post Thanks / Like
    I only use a MF towel to aid in drying after I use the absorber. I find that 1-2 towels will completely dry the car after the absorber does it`s work. As for buff off polish and wax, I like cotton. Mf are too small and you will have to go through at least 4-6 of them to do a midsized car, as you should turn the towel frequently. They also seem to "catch" the paint a little too much for my tastes, and cotton seems to glide over the paint smoother and works better for me. Lastly, QD`ing works best with cotton in my opinion. MF towels absorb all the product up!

I agree buy both and experiment. If you don`t like the MF towels you can always use them for windows, drying, and interior dusting and use the cotton ones for everything else. I prefer the charisma`s.........

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    cotton has many good uses, the thicker and fluffier the better.

mf has many specific uses

I think mf is where Klasse shines, the many microfibers does a excellent job in removing the ellusive Klasse haze.

MF can be especially used in places where cotton might scratch, wiping cd`s, plastic screen, interior plastic and wood trim etc.

For QD, MF`s claim is that it pics up and grabs dust and holds it inbetween the fibers keeping it away from the paint to prevent scratching.

Also a good mf is lint free and grabs and holds dust better than cotton. It`s excellen for wiping down dashboards, leather seats, and cleaning your windows.

My sister called me up and asked me what to do with her windex, because she now just uses mf and a little water.

Stay away from cheapies though
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by YoSteve [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Stay away from cheapies though [/b]</blockquote>That`s true with anything in life, but particularly with MF towels. I`ve only used CMA/Viper MF towels, so I can vouch for them. Because of so many positive comments, I would only consider MF`s from YoSteve.com or TACSCAR. Once you`ve had towels from any of these 3 places, you`ll see what I mean.

Post Thanks / Like

Pdr

Hi
    Just hoping if anyone knows something about the treatment of a cars surface after PDR Paintless Dent Removal, after fixing the dents do they cut and buff the surface of the paint and is there any chance of rust spots forming in them areas in the future.
    Any help would be great.

Cheers
    Derek

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless the paint was chipped off all the way through I do not see a problem with rust, also "A cut & buff would not fix rust, paint touch up after a proper repair will do that.

Maybe more clarification is needed in your question?.
    "Comfortable in my own skin"

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had dings removed from personal vehicles with great results. I had a few where a door ding left a scuff. A light polish cleaned them up nicely. In a few cases I couldn`t identify the dinged spot. If your dent chipped the paint then as Auto Concierge said, touch up should prevent rust. If touch up is not needed, there should not be risk of rust. If there was it wouldn`t be paintless dent repair.
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Thread Information