Post Thanks / Like
    With the plethora of carcare products, it quickly becomes confusing which ones to choose. And I don`t mean choosing between different manufacturers, but in choosing within one particular product line. For example, Meguiar`s #16 (Mirror Hand Glaze) and #26 (Mirror Glaze Hi-Tech Yellow Wax). The descriptions of each are essentially the same. They are both paste waxes and approx. the same price +/- a dollar. The #16 says "a unique professional grade formulation made with a special blend of premium yellow carnauba wax with silicones, polymers and other specialty waxes. Made for professionals."

The #26 says "unique blend of premium yellow Carnauba wax with polymers, silicones and other specialty waxes can provide high gloss protection as well as deepening the paint color."

Anyone know the difference between the two and when one should be chosen over the other?

Thanks. :nixweiss

not sure, but hand glazes are usually oily non-abrasive polishes that fill in swirls and make a good shine, but generally don`t last very long. The 26 yellow wax will last about a month of normal washings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiar`s #16 is a "hard wax". It`s blended from more than just Carnauba wax. I`m not a fan of #16 at all. It is hard to apply/remove and it leaves white residue.

Meguiar`s #26 is a Carnauba wax that comes in paste or creme. I prefer the creme formula. It`s not as durable as #16, but I think it offers a much better look.

They also offer #20, which is basically #26 creme with polymer additives for better durability. It`s easy to apply, and the results are pretty good.

db

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Mothers Day

Just wanted to tell the mothers on here and the dads who are doing double duty a happy mothers day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Quesada

"Success is not the key to happiness.
    Happiness is the key to success.
    If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful."
    - Albert Schweitzer

Thread Information