Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    very soft.Once I picked up some MF`s I quit using the charisma`s for QDing and only use the MF`s.I also noticed maring with these cotton towels that I do not with MF`s.

I will still use the charisma`s very lightly to remove Z-2 and Z5 but when the coat of Z-6 goes on right after I use a MF to apply and remove the Z-6 and it seems to cut down on noticable maring.I usally let the ZFX combo dry at lease 40 minutes so I feel like it should be dry

I will stop using the cotton all together once I get more quality MF`s.The charisma`s will be drying towels for my wife`s white car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m getting this matrix effect also under night lights

and in direct sun on my dark green car.

This is my only knock against Zaino.

I wonder if temperature has anything to do with this

as I did my multiple coats on days ranging from

45 to 55. I used both terries and MF`s.

Will keep experimenting. Maybe in the spring I`ll strip

one half of the trunk lid with 3M SMR and start over

and see what happens.

Or I may try to find a black ceramic tile and test with

it just to see what happens.
    As Soon As I saw That Guys Cars Dirty I Knew He Was Going To Be A Failure! Donald Trump - The Apprentice

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not seen this marring. Zaino dries hard and I have never seen what you are describing. I HAVE seen the effects of not letting Zaino dry long enough. The undried polish smears around and mirrors the towels wiping pattern and looks like swirls. This can be removed by going over the car with a damp towel or sometimes Z6ing. At times Z6ing makes it worse if there is a lot of it. A Z7 wash will level it out for sure. The fact that this marring disappears leads me to believe that you are not seeing a physical mar in the paint or zaino layer but something else...........keep us posted. Isn`t black fun!?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    On a related note, I noticed something REALLY interesting the other day. When I first applied Zaino, I did 3 coats of Z5/ZFX in one day. The applicator I was using had more product in the center than on the edges, so each pass of the applicator would leave white "streak" of Zaino in the center. It looked like there were pinstripes running down my car.

Becasue the sun was going down and I was not careful enough, I didn`t do a good job of buffing off one of the coats, and inadvertently left the excess Z pinstripes on- and appleid another coat of ZFX on top of them. In other words, I "sealed in" the stripes of excess Zaino.

I never fixed this, because you could not see the stripes except at a certain angle, and becuase I was just too lazy to strip off the Z and start over.

Last weekend I washed my car in bright sunlight, which allowed me to see every angle. Guess what- the pinstripes were gone! I guess they had crosslinked into the other coats of Z. How awesome! The problem fixed itself without my having to lift a finger!
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like

CTS-V Black Diamond Edition

Sounds like interesting paint to work on. Looks like it has HUGE potential to pop under lighting.

http://www.egmcartech.com/2011/02/02...-simply-black/
    Jeff
    Immaculate Reflections Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    why can`t black be black anymore? why does it have to be flat, matte, diamond, metallic, graphite, obsidian, black-on-black, you can get 3 shades of black on the bugatti veyron configurator! sorry for the rant but whatever happened to just black?
    2003 Mazda Protege ES 2.0
    Sunlight Silver Metallic
    very dirty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by meGrimlock View Post
    why can`t black be black anymore? why does it have to be flat, matte, diamond, metallic, graphite, obsidian, black-on-black, you can get 3 shades of black on the bugatti veyron configurator! sorry for the rant but whatever happened to just black?
    I believe its still available..:spy:
    Jeff
    Immaculate Reflections Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet this paint is going to be a PITA to color match after an accident.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is wrong with the consumer having a greater range of colors to choose from? I`m happy that car manufacturers offer a plethora of paint types, life would suck if we could only have one shade of each color. If people don`t want this color/package, GM will have to lower the price to meet the low demand, and if the market clearing price drops below their cost of manufacturing/marketing said package, GM will cease to produce it. Natural selection via capitalism.

Back on topic, I like it. It reminds me of the hotwheels cars I had as a kid, where the flake was more prominent than the black color itself. Like another poster said, it will probably be a nightmare to match if it needs a respray.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is great stuff. You can now own a black car but still be able to keep it looking relatively swirl free for a while! All that metallic flake will hide a great deal of defects, so light wash marring wont ruin the look of the finish as quickly as it would with a regular black with less metallic and of course a non metallic jet black.

I dig it... and I love the V coupe all together, would buy 1 in a heartbeat if I had the funds.
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, the description they give is practically soft core ****...

"Six piston Brembo`s, 19 inch wheels, supercharged 6.2L V8 engine, Recaro seats, stitched suede trim, real wood grain..."

Oh boy! I`ll take a wagon please.
    Connor Harrison

Inspection -> Correction -> Protection

Post Thanks / Like
    why can`t black be black anymore?.....

Tell me about it. My Honda is Taffeta White. You think I like that name?

Car sounds `````in. I`ll take it.

:White Horse:
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information