Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think of the placement possibilities of Focal`s 5 3/8" subwoofer (Model 5WS www.focal-america.com)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anywhere they fit!!!!!!

I was at rockford site once and saw this van...it must have had a hundred woofers in the back!!!! Dayum thing hit like 138 Db or something deafening...Who needs that much power????:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Guess My Name [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Anywhere they fit!!!!!!

I was at rockford site once and saw this van...it must have had a hundred woofers in the back!!!! Dayum thing hit like 138 Db or something deafening...Who needs that much power????:nixweiss [/b]</blockquote>
    The thing I read in Car Audio was that one of the issues in car audio is getting decent bass in the front stage. I was thinking of the possibilities of installing one or two of these in the front area via custom kick panels (depends on car) and it will kinda round things out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually own two of those SW, and have a Focal 6.5" component set. I have never used the SW`s. They are brand new in the box. I just never got around to figuring out what to do with them. They are a tricky bit to put in. First, the door is not a good option. These subs require an enclosure, and there is typically not room in the door with all the window mechanisms. Second, the components belong in the kick panels, so that space is taken. That generally leaves a cavity in the dash, center console, or maby under the seats for placement.

Bear in mind that these just produce the low end. They are not going to hit in anyway. Of course, if you have heard a car tuned for IASCA competition, you know what I mean.

Post Thanks / Like
    can you see them from the deck?

Post Thanks / Like
    you got enough space in your armrest??? if you do, that`s where i`d stick it.

whoa, prinz, i just checked your webpage, and i see you have a maxima, me too. lol. now i know why i noticed your name before, it`s cause your on the orgy too.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry I`ve NEVER had a car that made me hate my job till now!

This is more of a rant than anything and I just need to vent to people like myself I know most of you will offer kind words and make me feel all warm inside

Anyways, on to the car from hell. I`ll post pics either tonight or tomorrow. It is a 1995 RSP Supra. This is a picture of a nice RSP supra:

its a pretty awesome color. I love it. The only other colors i prefer those supras in are silver and black. Im out here in Phoenix. I posted on supraforums.com that i would be out here for about ten days and if anyone wanted work done to contact me. I had tons of responses and did a ton of work. This guy called me on Turkey day and asked if i would do his rsp supra. He said it was freshly painted and needed attention. I`ve dealt with a TON of body shop cars. That was my previous job, i painted for a living so i know what happens in those types of places. Lots of overspray and bull sh!t. Wel i view the car today at his house. Its blue, filthy and just rough everywhere. I told him I charge $50/hr and Im not sure how many hours i will have in it but shouldnt be more than $400 total.

Well i get it back to my aunts house and wash it. Its way worse than even I assumed. Its just trashed. The paint is super thin and just covered in crap I clay the roof and I used my medium clay. This stuff will take anything off generally. But yet when i was done the clay went from red to jet black and the roof was marred from the aggressive clay but still had a rough feeling to it!!!! WTF!!! Its my 1st car that has ever done that. So i pull out the rotary and wool pad. Go to work. Get done working the cutting compoud, the pad is black but yet the roof is still a little gritty. Seriously now im getting pissed. So i try another panel, the drivers side fender. Same thing happens.

Seriously I have seen some crap-tastic paint jobs in my life but NONE have responded like this, EVER. for something to still feel `gritty` after i clay it and hit it with wool, and follow up with a green foam pad is absolutely unbelievable to me. From being a painter i know when there is crap within the clear and this is not the case. The clear looks `smooth` other than the orange peel. There is nothing in the clear to give it this roughness. I truly dont know what would be causing this.

Since my clay/pads are turning black i thought it could maybe be overspray from the car being undercoated, but it hasnt been. Unless they painted this car and had it sitting in the booth while they painted another car, Im not really sure what else it could be.

Its back to work for me, my flight leaves tomorrow at 3pm and I still need to finish this car, pack all my stuff, ship my detailing stuff in the morning back to my house and do a few other things I wish there was someone here in the Phoenix are that could come give me a hand lol. If there is send me a text at 402-689-8660 :biggrin:

Thanks for reading my rant. I dont do this often but i feel better already and am ready to tackle this sh!t kicker and kick its arse
    Michael Glissman

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry your having such a tuff time there .

Maybe color sanding will smooth it out? But then again you say the paint is thin so it may me risky.

Just do your best and dont worry about it so much . Its not your fault the car has a crappy paint job.

Good luck :smile:
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    Sorry your having such a tuff time there .

Maybe color sanding will smooth it out? But then again you say the paint is thin so it may me risky.

Just do your best and dont worry about it so much . Its not your fault the car has a crappy paint job.

Good luck :smile:
    Thanks! Id say ive worked on easily 1000 cars that have crappy paint jobs. But this was the absolute worst. I posted that then took a nap lol. Then hoped back into it. It is the first car I have ever done that i didnt clay first :Boxing:Just because the clay did absolutely nothing for it. I just took my green foam pad, lots of my hi-temp polish and went to work. The way it turned out im blown away. The paint actually has depth now!
    Michael Glissman

Thread Information