Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    I washed the car with BF shampoo this weekend, and used the "Ultimate Drying Technique" :up from another thread. I did NOT QD before the test. I then parked on the same slight incline as last weekend, looked around to make sure the neighbors weren`t watching, and started tossing towels on the hood.

Happy to say all the towels (terry and MF) quickly slid back to me. I couldn`t tell any difference in slickness after one week of heavy rains and a wash.

Me like BF! :xyxthumbs

PS - Should I start a new thread for this, or just keep stretching this one? Not sure how you guys usually do this. :nixweiss
    "I have not failed. I`ve just found 10,000 ways that won`t work."

- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Post Thanks / Like
    SouthernBoy, It`s up to you buddy. I mean, you`re the one taking time out and sharing your info with us (not to mention, wigging out your neighbors!).

I`ll be looking out for your updates!

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Me like BF also!

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn`t get to wash the chariot this weekend. Stay tuned for next week`s update.

BTW... for anyone out there who is tracking this thread, I`m going to start a new one next week for the update. If most are like me, it takes a lot of effort to plow through these two pagers.
    "I have not failed. I`ve just found 10,000 ways that won`t work."

- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SouthernBoy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Here are the baseline test results...

Dawn-washed the car and carefully dried the hood. Put the car on a <em class=`bbc`>slight[/i] incline and tossed a couple of towels on the hood. They just sat there staring back at me.

Applied BF polish and three layers of BF protectant with the PC. Stood there for five minutes tossing towels and catching them as they slid off. Man I hope the neighbors weren`t watching! :p

Will post continued weekly results if anyone cares. [/b]</blockquote>
    I am glad I don`t have visible neighbors. Your comment about the neighbors gave me a good laugh

Anyway, I put about five towels on the hood of my car every night when I get home to keep my beloved cat from stcatching the hood when he jumps on. The towels use to stay on before blackfire. After blackfire, a slight wind comes along and the towels are on the ground. I now have to strap the towels on the hood. Then yesterday, a strong wind came along, and the towels and strap was on the ground. I am now buying the bra (the hood thing).
    Aloha

Tom

Speckle Clover Green 2002 Honda CR-V EX

Post Thanks / Like

About to work on a Galllardo anything to be watchful of?

I am working on a 2008 Lamborghini Superlegga tomorrow morning here in Phoenix. It has never been professionally done and the owner spends a lot of time out of town. So its under a car cover most of the year. The car does have about 10k miles on it. It is orange in color. The last 2 Gallardo`s I worked on were not full corrections. So Im asking the guys here that have worked on newer Lamborghini`s what to watch for. This car has never been painted and is all original. So how thick is the paint? Is it a hard or soft clear? Are they like Ferrari`s where the slower you go, the easier it is to work out all the swirls. Im going over in a couple of hours to give my estimate and I will probably take a few pictures as well. I will post those here tonight.

Thanks guys!

ps- it looks like I will be spending a few months here in Phoenix working, so if any of you guys are local, pm me your # so if I have questions I can at least find out a little quicker
    Michael Glissman

Post Thanks / Like
    Super hard paint IME.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it were me I wuld be careful not to drool on it. o would be careful not to give into my desire to drive it after I cleaned it and tell the owner it was a new way to cure the sealant!

Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t personally worked on the model car you`ve mentioned, but have worked on several other exotics and have found that I have to trick my brain into thinking "its just another car" or I get tremedously bogged down Sleep

Not much help, but I will be cheering you on from afar :-B

Are you going to be doing wheel removal and all or is this just a 1 day deal :-?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I haven`t personally worked on the model car you`ve mentioned, but have worked on several other exotics and have found that I have to trick my brain into thinking "its just another car" or I get tremedously bogged down Sleep

Not much help, but I will be cheering you on from afar :-B

Are you going to be doing wheel removal and all or is this just a 1 day deal :-?
    Unfortunately its only a 1 day thing. The owner is leaving tomorrow for Hong Kong to see his girlfriend. He has seen my previous work and asked if I would travel to another country to do work. I said yes of course, if I could get a passport and be paid for the trip. He said ok good, I have about 40 cars spread across Moscow, Hong Kong and Paris that need your attention to detail. So needless to say Im stressing about this Lambo just because I have to show perfection in 8hrs or less.
    Michael Glissman

Post Thanks / Like
    Never worked on a Lambo Mike, but I am rooting for you.

I am sure you will knock it out of the park.:thumbup:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyg402 View Post
    Unfortunately its only a 1 day thing. The owner is leaving tomorrow for Hong Kong to see his girlfriend. He has seen my previous work and asked if I would travel to another country to do work. I said yes of course, if I could get a passport and be paid for the trip. He said ok good, I have about 40 cars spread across Moscow, Hong Kong and Paris that need your attention to detail. So needless to say Im stressing about this Lambo just because I have to show perfection in 8hrs or less.
    I have heard this before................... let me guess, did he say IF YOU GIVE ME A DEAL....................... as for the car the paint is hard, and I have never finished one of these in one day as there will be sand scratches in the carbon decklid and door skins.

Be careful with this guy and get a deposit for travel/40% up front, this should be no problem for a guy like this.

Here is the correction on the aforementioned door skin.

The carbon wing with sand scratches.

When you are done this is what you have to look foward too......= Lambo tightness.

"Comfortable in my own skin"

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, Mikey (and anyone else) if you haven`t already had the displeasurable expierence of dealing with "Promise the Moon and Stars Guy" Beware of this guy X_X He will tell you he has tons of cars and freinds of the same caliiber :money: Then when you bust your tail, theres a good chance you won`t here from him for a year or more ] I hate dealing with assclowns like this :-? My standartd reply is the 1st one is retail. If you send me more, or we can work out a monthly plan, I will deal Da Rules! Otherwise, I like to choose my on charitys I contribute to, and yours isn`t one of them :yawn:

Having said that, there are a few out there that are an asolute pleasure to deal with. If they want to help you, they will do it semi-secretly :wink: Only given an 8 hour window will be almost immposible IMO. I would do the best two step I had, and what flaws may be left explain your time restraint he placed on you :2 cents:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Yea, Mikey (and anyone else) if you haven`t already had the displeasurable expierence of dealing with "Promise the Moon and Stars Guy" Beware of this guy X_X He will tell you he has tons of cars and freinds of the same caliiber :money: Then when you bust your tail, theres a good chance you won`t here from him for a year or more ] I hate dealing with assclowns like this :-? My standartd reply is the 1st one is retail. If you send me more, or we can work out a monthly plan, I will deal Da Rules! Otherwise, I like to choose my on charitys I contribute to, and yours isn`t one of them :yawn:

Having said that, there are a few out there that are an asolute pleasure to deal with. If they want to help you, they will do it semi-secretly :wink: Only given an 8 hour window will be almost immposible IMO. I would do the best two step I had, and what flaws may be left explain your time restraint he placed on you :2 cents:
    I was worried about that when he said that and I definitely thought about it alot. We actually decided to do his black 95 Toyota Supra instead. It wasnt to bad paint wise, no deep scratches, light swirls, and no tree sap/lots of contaminants. I will post more pics of it in the show n shine forum. He didnt get the car to me until later yesterday morning so I only had a 6hr window to do a black car :cursing: It came out absolutely stunning.

Then since we were out of time he just had me wash his Gallardo
    Michael Glissman

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information