Post Thanks / Like
    How is that kit that CMA sells? Is it worth it or is there a better product to use. I`m really interested in using it but I was just wondering if anyone could post up a review of what they think of it.

I`m mostly interested in how the carpet cleaner and glass cleaner hold up to other products. I run into some pretty tough jobs sometimes that I feel take longer because I use inferior products. I wouldn`t mind upgrading if this is better.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use both and like them a lot. I am definitly a EF fan.

Power wash

Clear Pearl

Carpet Cleaner

Clear Vision

Picked up Hi Inten. haven`t use it yet.

I find clear vison works the best for me with a terry towel and it works very well. Put it above 20/20, which also gives good results. MF towels and Likecars window products just don`t mix (and I have a wide variety of MF).

The carpet cleaner worked quickly and effectively, pleasant smell. Sorry cannot give direct comparison for you. I used it on a few carpet spots that were lightly soiled. The heavy spots, left foot area where it rests against carpet and the carpet protector were heavy, worked great and easily. Are you able to picture the area?

Post Thanks / Like
    Like over by the dead pedal? I think I know the area you are talking about. That`s a good review. I`ll look more into it if you are sold on it like that. I`m sure if it were crap then people would have jumped in. My experience on this board is that if the members are using crap when they come in then it is a very different story about 3 posts later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes exactly. Can`t say I`ve heard that term before, but it makes sense.

I`m sold!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jngrbrdman -

I like the EF products a lot. Frankly, I`ve only tried EF HI, CP & PW+. If the rest of the line-up is as good as those, then I think they`ve got a winner.

They have a kit of all the EF products for $50. It`s called the Eimann Fabrik Trade Secret Kit - which I think is a good bargain, especially since they include the sprayer heads (unlike Griot`s Garage) Hint, Hint Griot`s.

I need to replenish my HI and will probably get 1 or 2 of the others to try.

Post Thanks / Like
    The spot cleaner rocks...it cleaned a garbage juice stain out of the house carpet!!!!

Thank god I was gagging from the stain.

Post Thanks / Like

Most Fun/Memorable Detail You Have Ever Done?

Like the title states, what is the most fun/memorable car you have ever detailed?

Mine would have to be a Lexus IS 300, nothing spectacular about the car, it was a neighbors car. I worked on it last year with my roomate at the time in our garage at our apartment. We stayed up all night working on the paint of this thing. What makes this the most memorable was because Joey and I had a blast polishing, having a few brews, and listening to music. The icing on the cake was the customers reaction. He litterally was jumping up and down when he saw it. He was ready to drop a couple thousand to get it repainted and we told him that wasnt necessary... He loved it! He tipped us $100.
    To date that is the most memorable.... Whats yours?

Jon

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course it was working on my Skybaby! It was the time I spent 3 days straight on it. The last day I ended at about 3 AM. I was moving my dual halogen tripod around every 6 ft. After applying the 3rd coat of UPGP I was at the very end and had the tripod directly behind my car. It`s a little tight and I was exhausted. I made the very last final wipe... Leaned back up and wiped the sweat from my forehead. Full of contentment I took a step forward to move around the car and my foot caught on the halogen cable. BAM! the wire face guard of the halogens literally bounced off the tailight and paint... One of the bulbs blowing from the impact. By that time I had whipped around and caught it a second after it hit. If I hadn`t it would have dragged all the way down the car. Amazingly, there was not a mark on the car!

Post Thanks / Like
    Did a 80ish BMW something or other as a Christmas gift 10-15 years (or better) ago. Days before D/A`s, just random orbit `waxers` then. Single stage paint, oxidized to a soft baby blue...YUK.

Took a FULL weekend...it came out DARK blue. The owners still have it and everytime they come back here to visit (from Seattle), still get compliments. That does still make me feel good.

Oh, he now knows how to take care of it.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was a black Maxima that I did a few months ago. The owner bought it used, and wanted it to look like new. Well, the car was covered in swirls, spider webs, RIDS, scratches and water etchings. I worked on the car for 2 straight days, and brought it back to better then new, and seeing the reaction on the customer`s face was worth the price!:clap:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was either this one

Twin Turbo 2006 Lamborghini Gallardo

or this one

Twin Turbo 2006 Dodge Viper SRT10

Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d have to say this one for me. I absolutely loved this car and there is nothing like the sound of a classic muscle with a big block!

Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Thread Information