Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m having a hard time holding out on redoing my car with Blackfire. I`m making a list of everything that I`m going to do to my car once it gets nice enough out. That probably won`t be till March but we`ll see.

What would be the best thing to use to strip all the PPG and Klasse off? I plan on getting a nice soapy Dawn wash first but what would be next? Should I get the PPC and use that or should I trust that the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish will take it all off? I want to make sure I get everything off before I start on the Blackfire. I just don`t know how much longer I can wait. I`m half tempted to drive my car to a warmer climate and do it there and then drive back again. LOL Can you tell that I`m obsessed? I`m just holding out untill I get my Porter Cable and then I don`t think I`ll be able to resist any longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jngrbrdman,

Don`t you have access to a garage? If you do then get 2 halogen 500watt double light stands, take the front lenses off. These 4 lights will heat any garage to a comfy level and you will be able to see every scratch/swirl on your vehicle, they should run you about $40 a stand. It was 20 all weekend in T.O. this weekend but it was 60 in my garage only using 2 lamps at a time.

As for the removal of the PPG and Klasse I would go with the ABC system any of us who have tried it love it. Check the product review, I am still baffled that most of you guys will spend hours researching the absolute best polishes/sealents/waxes but when it comes down to a wash before detailing most of you use Dawn. I can`t understand the lack of enthusiasm for such a spectacular product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this the thread? http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthrea...&threadid=4496

Thanks for the direction. I missed that one entirely. I just discovered autoint so I`ll look into that.

Post Thanks / Like
    and then use the BF polish and sealant. Let us know how it goes.......

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Jngrbrdman [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Is this the thread? http://216.147.22.29/forum/showthrea...&threadid=4496

Thanks for the direction. I missed that one entirely. I just discovered autoint so I`ll look into that. [/b]</blockquote>
    That`s the one. I was skeptical but after reading many of Ron K`s posts and then this product reveiw, I contacted Ron and he gave me the name of the rep in my area. This 3 step system is amazing you will not believe what the car looks like even before you start polishing. However it has to be well above freezing to use it. I was able to use it on my folks vehicles when I visited them before Xmas in Fla. It was the best preparation product I have ever used. I feel your pain waiting for Spring.

Post Thanks / Like

A6 Paddle Shifters - This guy can drive!!!

Believe me, it`s worth the 7 minutes to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TshF...ayer_embedded#
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill - Thanks for that vid!!:clap::clap::clap:

Drivers ed with that guys would give some exceptional fun on the highways and sideroads

Post Thanks / Like
    Ken Block is pretty amaing.

Notice also yes he`s got paddle shifters... he also has a clutch to initiate wheel spin. Pretty trick setup!
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave - I bet he`d be a scream driving down the Palisades and across the Tappen-Z

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    Dave - I bet he`d be a scream driving down the Palisades and across the Tappen-Z
    He wouldnt get more than 50feet!

The Palisades these days is riddled with potholes that I could sleep in and the Tappan Zee bridge is like Fast and Furious amateur hour,with dumb drivers weaving in and out :driving::driving:

When I wanna have my Ricky Bobby moments me and my buddies get up at 5am and cruise out to Captree park on Long Island... few people on the road at that hour, and fewer cops \m/
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, are you from NJ or LI? I have done the captree run in my younger days. Do you ever go to the meets out there Sunday AM?

Quote Originally Posted by Street Dreams View Post
    He wouldnt get more than 50feet!

The Palisades these days is riddled with potholes that I could sleep in and the Tappan Zee bridge is like Fast and Furious amateur hour,with dumb drivers weaving in and out :driving::driving:

When I wanna have my Ricky Bobby moments me and my buddies get up at 5am and cruise out to Captree park on Long Island... few people on the road at that hour, and fewer cops \m/

El Presidente
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luster View Post
    Believe me, it`s worth the 7 minutes to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TshF...ayer_embedded#
    EXCELLENT video Bill! Look`s like a WRC car with a bit more power. I had just read an article on Ken Block. Weird you posting one of his videos right after I read it.

Thanks

jk

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill,
    That video was absolutely worth the 7 minutes. That dude is an amazing driver. I hope that guy on the segway god paid for this!!:driving:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Dave, are you from NJ or LI? I have done the captree run in my younger days. Do you ever go to the meets out there Sunday AM?
    Yup. Been out to those meets a few times. It`s a bit of a ride for me becuase I`m from NJ but if I get up around dawn the drive out is bliss!
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    I love how he smacks the wall when he slides out onto the track for the first time.
    Dwayne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information