Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    If your potential client doesn`t mind you hooking up to there water/power source you could just jamm everything into your 09 Honda or just charge a travel fee and haul your trailer with your Ridgeline. That red van I believe use to haul dead bodys :-?

I doubt very seriously if your clients care or will even notice the scratches on your Ridgeline :smile:
    Well I was kinda called out by the owner of that orange lamborghini? thats what got all this started. he said, "Man your not really representing Tru Shine very well in this thing" and since then, I have been wandering what to do.

and I always hook up to the customers power and water and use their garage, so thats not an issue. Plus the Honda Fit gets about 40mpg`s, but its not the most Manly car out there either? Maybe I am just putting to much thought in it.

Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    I agree with Flash 100%. The trailor looks very professional. I love the flooring! Pull it around with the Honda.:thumbup:
    Yeah but when I have to drive 400 miles to detail a clients car and I have to charge an extra $150-$200 just to break even on fuel cost, that gets old real fast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bmc View Post
    the red van and the trailer would be the best combo!!! not sure if thats an option though..if not id say stick with the trailer it looks professional

I dont really need that much storage space. I can easily fit every thing I need into the Honda Fit, with plenty of space left.

Post Thanks / Like
    if you can get everything in your honda that you put in your trailer, then the 40mpg ups your profit margin. however, in a lil car like that if you have to drive 200 miles to get to your client, that lil car gonna beat you up. i think the van would be the better situation for your dilemna...

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep the Honda and give it a truck Vinyl wrap. It will hide those scratches and look great with your logo on it!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Keep the Honda and give it a truck Vinyl wrap. It will hide those scratches and look great with your logo on it!
    Genius ^ Why didn`t I think of that

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Great idea! Then just sell the trailer if you don`t like the mileage. The truck should give you plenty of space if the fit does.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, especially if you remove the backseat and maybe make a completely flat floor or a storage system. Plus doesn`t the ridgeline have a lockable bed? But that is my :2 cents:
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits" - Ron White

Post Thanks / Like
    If only this beast was red or black.. + you would be pulling up in a Benz! haha

Post Thanks / Like
    If nothing else, for sure you being a Detailer, you should try to have your vehicle as "detailed" as possible. The Client was right - you should be trying to look the part as well as being the part.. Besides, this Ridgeline is your "lab"; you try different things, techniques on it, and help improve your overall skills with it.

And on the way, its going to look way, way better! You know Honda paint - its usually soft, and corrects great, so get after it !

Later, when you have worked out a good design and can afford a vinyl wrap, do that or at least get a big vinyl on the sides like I did on my Grand Cherokee.

I know, it sucks about that Honda engine; its only good for so many miles a gallon and just does that and not much more. But you get great reliability.
    Perhaps find a good Ridgeline forum and see what everyone else is doing?

I also looked at Ridgelines awhile back and they have them priced so high around here, and the jerks that knew way less than me about their product, just turned me off.

Good luck; you are going to make it and obviously, already have gone way faster up the "detailing nicer cars ladder"..

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox Details View Post
    If only this beast was red or black.. + you would be pulling up in a Benz! haha

HAHA! that would be kinda cool! Rollin up in a Benz! those things are expensive though?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of great feed back....Use the Honda a pull the trailer

Post Thanks / Like
    These are kinda cool, lots of space and good for vehicle wrapping, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    example of a Honda with a wrap

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ please make the image a little larger - I`m having trouble seeing it
    Marc Harris from autoLavish Detailing of Michigan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information