Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Ron,

Its good to hear that they are finally hiring some people who actually know what they are doing. But, I think they are damaged goods to many around here. I know many here in Cincy that want nothing to do with them at all. I know MichealB and myself had very bad experiences with their sales staff. I have had many poor experiences with their service department also. I would never buy another Jag from them again, and I know many people that feel the same way. For a dealership that is selling cars that cost $60,000++ their customer service is very poor.

Who knows, maybe they are finally starting to get on the right track.

Post Thanks / Like
    They have gotten rid of the Ford store and kept the Jag and Land Rover.

But, since you have bought some vehicles from them , you know the problem is very close to the top of the organization.

That is changing as well, from what my people are telling me.

:bounce
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think its cost holding them back to do a "decent" job the ford dealer here charges about 200 for a full clean inside and out, and about $10 of labor actually goes into it and maybe $3 in materials, I think its just a money scheme. I imangine they say hey we can start a detail shop, pay the workers minimum wage, and charge alot and when it leaves are lot it looks decent, after the rain hits it a few more times though....it looks worse than it did before=p. I just see the butcher work that goes on at my ford dealer, and wanna cry

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with fiveohh. Money is usually not the "real why." The "real why" is often a question of intent. It don`t think it necessarily costs that much more to do a good job compared to a bad job. It does take care and concern (reflections of intent) to do a good job.

The inverse is also often true. Spending more and more money on problems does not necessarily solve them. People solve problems, and they solve them when they <em class=`bbc`>intend[/i] to solve them.

Post Thanks / Like
    A retail detail is entirely different than a set amount provided for predelivery of a vehicle by the factory.

The "bean counters" at the OEM level have cut the time allowances down so low that in order to break even on the entire predelivery process, dealers are short cutting.

Last fall, in order to prove this point to one of the big three, I personally did the cosmetic predelivery on two each of 4 models.

Since my contacts built over the past 15+ years at OEM level run to all areas, was able to get some bean counter desk jockey`s I know to come down to the facility and take part in the time studies.

I had all the equipment ready, good lighting, the chemicals ready etc.

Went like a bandit and still, could not perform all the required processes as required in the time alloted.

Later, they admitted, that it was not possible to do a correct and quality cosmetic predelivery for the time that they had allowed. Seems, the time studies being used for the present go back to the mid 80`s and as we all know, things have changed a lot.

Here is how a vehicle manufacturer has been looking at it. Our company XXXX sells 4,000,000 vehicles-average allowance for cleanup/predelivery is $85(just a number), now if they cut $5 out of that times 4 million vehicles+ $20,000,000 to the bottom line.

This one company is presently revisiting the time allowances, etc.

Like I have said before, what those of you here have as a preception of quality, reasons for and time, don`t really play in the OEM or dealership world.

"Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ron. My earlier observations on quality vs. money were not aimed at your operation, which I could not comment on, in first place, because I have no familiary with your operations.

I did not mean to imply that you could get the job done properly, within the funds you were being paid, no matter how meager those funds. There is often an "irreducible minimum funding" beyond which quality will suffer no matter how smart or creative you are.

Within the above constraints, and given at least some what adaquate funding, I have found that "where there is a will, there is a way." I have found the opposite to be true, also. Lots of money thrown at a project will usually just cause more trouble. i am sure I am not telling you anything you don`t already know.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Looking For A Detailer In Nashville

Director Got a guy on another forum I belong to looking to get his Pearl White1997 3000gt vr/4 detailed to sale. I doubt very seriously he is looking for a major paint correction. Just a good cleaning inside/out :wizard:

Anybody out there need any money :w00t:

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m in North Georgia. That`s a haul. I`d have to have an agreed amount.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a long drive for a wash if the guy just wants that Justin...........:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513 View Post
    I`m in North Georgia. That`s a haul. I`d have to have an agreed amount.
    Hmmn, theres another guy in North Geogia that replied to his thread. I don`t know if it would be feasible for that kinda roadtrip, but thank you for responding :Car smiley:

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    That`s a long drive for a wash if the guy just wants that Justin...........:wizard:
    I think the guy wants a little more then a wash. You could probally squeeze $150 out of them for 4-6 hours work though :smile:

I was just thinking that we may have a lurker among us from Nashville that may wanna pic-up a few extra bucks for Christmas :money:

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there anyone in the Nashville area?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there anyone in the Nashville area?
    I think theres well over a million there ^ Lots of money to ancing Dot:

I know TID has Roadrunner :soldier:

Post Thanks / Like
    It was for a detailer Flash. Hope you find someone....:wizard:

Post Thanks / Like
    It was for a detailer Flash. Hope you find someone....:wizard:
    Oh ^

Director I`m sorry Angelo

I was just waiting for the next response to be > Get your barefooted, pregnant cousin who happens to be your wife do it :biggrin:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the message Flash... I`ve replied to yours.
    Gary Bohannon

Beaux Art Detail
    Nashville, TN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information