Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This one seems nice. Not as pricey as some, but still up there.http://www.sears.com/sr/product/deta...id=00965327000

Here is a nice selection.

http://www.forbesindustries.com/home/1frame.htm

These are plastic (where rusting would be a problem).

http://www.forbesindustries.com/products/pframe.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever bought a car & knew immediately...

..... That you had made a mistake?!!!
    For the most part, I`ve had pretty good cars. (I always felt that buying used cars was a smart financial decision...)

But, when you buy used cars, sometimes you get burned!

I bought one of the first Dodge Intrepids (used of course)... Oh my gosh. Big mistake. There was absolutely NOTHING right about that car! Money pit!:cursing:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    2007 Mazda 6....not a bad car but the resale value dropped like a bad habit!
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    no, all the cars I have/had were very carefully selected...No lemons here...

One Trick Pony
    Post Thanks / Like
    2008 Jeep Commander we bought brand new and got a great deal... and then the bottom fell out of the market and gas prices shot up to astronomicaly... resale value went to all hell and then the engine starts hiccuping on us.

Of course fate was on our side I suppose when the poor Jeep couldnt make it through some flash flooding in our neighborhood - result totalled. and then, to add insult to injury a hyundai passes us as we are standing out in the cold rain.

No more chrysler products.... no more.
    Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
    ~Vince Lombardi

Post Thanks / Like
    My dad bought a Plymouth Reliant K car when they first came out. That was before lemon laws because that car was in the shop more than in our driveway...literally! And that was the hope to save Chrysler. I believe we parked it in NYC and left the keys in it. I`m sure the joyriders who stole it broke down a block away, but we never saw it again! Oh, theft insurance was paid previous to the NY trip......( it`s been more than 20 years, I think statute of limitations makes it OK to tell this story)
    Rich Ross
    ROCKY MOUNTAIN MOBILE DETAIL
    Huntsville, Utah

WEWAXEM!

Post Thanks / Like
    we bought a 98 cadillac d`elegance that was nothin but trouble...always in the shop. when it left us stranded in so. va. on our way home from fla., that was it.... time to go..

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had good luck with cars I purchased, but drove company cars for much of my career and I had two that were nighmares.

One was a Plymouth Reliant "K" car. I was IMO a death trap - you touch the brakes and it would lock up one time and do nothing the next. The dealer could never fix it.

The other nightmare was an early Ford Taurus. It was in the shop every month for one thing or another - the company paid over $5,000 on mechanical repairs and finally "totalled" it when the next months repairs were estimated at another $3,000.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, we bought an 06 Chrysler Pacifica in March. I heard that someone here has a Pacifica, and I hope you have had a better time with yours than we have had with ours. If you buy one used, you really get a lot for the money and it is very roomy. Buuut... we had to have the lifters replaced not even a month after we bought it and the driver`s seat module that controls the power seats has been a thorn. No fun sharing a family hauler with someone who is 9 inches shorter (it is a good thing for me that it got stuck after I had moved the seat forward). I am happy my husband insisted on the extended warranty.
    I will be very sad to see our 98 Cherokee Classic go, whenever that happens. Hands down the best vehicle I have ever owned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tthomp82 View Post
    2008 Jeep Commander we bought brand new and got a great deal... and then the bottom fell out of the market and gas prices shot up to astronomicaly... resale value went to all hell and then the engine starts hiccuping on us.

Of course fate was on our side I suppose when the poor Jeep couldnt make it through some flash flooding in our neighborhood - result totalled. and then, to add insult to injury a hyundai passes us as we are standing out in the cold rain.

No more chrysler products.... no more.
    that`s also why I don`t buy cars from manufacturers with bad reputation...

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a 2000 Dodge Ram pick up new. I realized almost immediately I had a turd. No more Chryslers for me either. I am a Japanese car guy now.
    David Strum
    Charlotte, NC

Finance during the week, finishes on the weekends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Honda & Acura.

I also have a Mazda Tribute that has proven to be a good value.

No regrets here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior View Post
    I bought a 2000 Dodge Ram pick up new. I realized almost immediately I had a turd. No more Chryslers for me either. I am a Japanese car guy now.
    Challenger is the only Chrysler vehicle I`d ever consider...all others are, just like Jeremy Clarkson says (and I totally agree) RUBBISH!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mopars fall apart, what?

Ha just kiddding around but that old thinking of them still holds true today, which is kinda sad.

My Fords so far have held up very well for me and I have never had a problem especially with me beating so hard on them. I however am constantly tinkering and messing with them, so they tend to stay in better shape.

And when I mean beat on them I mean they are a beaten right to their limit. My mustang and lightning both get burnouts, track passes, 6k shifts etc etc.

FORD = First On Race Day (HEHEHEHE)

Post Thanks / Like
    Never had a problem with dodges. In fact, our family and friends who own a dodge have had better luck with them over their chevy/fords/etc.

All boils down to personal experiences which make or break in many cases.

With that said, our Dodge Magnum which retails at $36,000 new in 2005 [we bought it used in 2007] and now, you can find them loaded for $15,000. 3-4 years, discontinued, but still a unique and powerful car. I would have never purchased one new...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information