Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason I asked about Perma-Plate is not because the dealer was selling me the product or they were begging me to put it on (I always refuse anything the dealer wants to sell above and beyond the car itself) but because a car detail shop was telling me he used that product to detail cars. I have since logged on to Perma-Plate`s web site and am thinking of ordering the product from the Company and applying it myself. I was just wondering how it compared to Klasse or Ziano. I am still waithing for Perma-Plate`s order form in the mail so I could see how much it cost.

By the way, how much does Klasse or Ziano cost and where can one purchase these products from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out http://www.zainobros.com for all you need to know and ordering info. You will love it!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think Klasse or Zaino are better products. For info on klasse check out http://www.properautocare.com or http://www. tacscar.com. DK already gave you Zaino web site. Either way enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Question about oxygen sensor

My sensor just went out on my pickup. The service advisor said that it was the pre convertor one and quoted me a price of almost $300. Times being what they are, I can`t afford for them to do it. Has anyone changed on before? I called AZ and the said that they have a Bosch one for $54. Before attempting it, I wanted to see if this would be something easy I could do on my own. Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say it is pretty easy. Make sure you pick up and oxygen sensor removal tool when you p/u the sensor. Hit the old one with some PB Blaster let it sit for about 15 mins. Unplug the old one and remove it with the tool. Install the new one plug it back in and you are set. Pretty easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Autozone has a loaner tool program you might try.You put down a deposit and get it back when you return tool.....You can do this

Post Thanks / Like
    All of the ones I have changed were just like big spark plugs in the exhaust pipe. I have had good luck freeing them by running the engine for a few minutes, then shutting it off. As the exhaust pipe and the sensor cool at different rates, the sensor spins free.

Good luck,
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help, everyone. I have another question. Is there a grease or lube that I`m supposed to apply to the threads? Also, is there supposed to be a gasket that goes along with the sensor? I`ve got a new sensor and I rented the tool, but before getting started I just wanted to make sure that I`m not missing something. It looks super easy to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quick Update

Disregard my previous post. Apparently Bosch pre-applies the anti-seize on the threads for you. In addition, they also install a washer on the sensor. All that you need to really do is thread it in and hook it up to the harness and you`re all done!! Man, that was so simple. From the way they made it sound at the dealership they made it seem like I needed special tools and a lift. Not to mention that I wasn`t going to be able to easily access it. All I had to do was suck in my gut really hard and crawl under the truck. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    glad to hear it went well. The internet is a great help when it comes to things like that.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great to hear it work out for you Rusty!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice, they are easy to do. I always get them on amazon really cheap if you ever need them again. Cars are all nuts and bolts. 98% of the work is very easy for anyone to do as long as they have the tools and the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to here you got that all sorted out.... :smile:

Leaves you more Ca$hola for polishes :drool5:

Post Thanks / Like
    Just dont ever buy the universal o2 sensors as they never seem to work right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information