Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    New member here. I wanted to know what you guys recommend for cleaning tires. Also what to use as a protectant.

My primary vehicle is a 1999 Nissan Pathfinder (black)

Post Thanks / Like
    EF Hi Intensity works great as well as Eagle one Tire cleaner. After i wash the tire with wash solutoin and a rag, I use eagle one (EF for the wheels though) and a brass bristle brush. I thuroughly and glently srub the entire tire, twice if needed. Rinse with a strong stream of water. Then i follow with another pass with the car wash solution. This cleans away any residiual tire cleaner and loosened gime for a more even finish. I folow with Vinylex or 303 (vinylex has a low-medium sheem, 303 has a matte to low sheen). Hope this helps. -Brad H

Post Thanks / Like
    Based on info from this forum, I also use EF HI for cleaning and apply Black Opal with a tire swipe. Not as messy, and not as glossy as spraying directly on tires.
    `99 Civic Si - Electron Blue Pearl
    `04 Subaru Outback Sport - Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies! Are Eimannn Hi-Intensity cleaner and 303 Aerospace Protectant available in most stores?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. You can find them throught the sponsor of this site, CMA, at http://www.properautocare.com or http://www.tacscar.com. It would be a good idea to get the Hi Intensity by the gallon. Laters.

Post Thanks / Like
    An alternative is good old fashioned Westley`s Bleche-White that you can find in any store (e.g. Trak, Pep Boys, AutoZone).

Normally, I use Meguiar`s High Endurance Gel as protectant for the tires and splash guards. However, I will be switching to 303 in the near future.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by PrinzII [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>An alternative is good old fashioned Westley`s Bleche-White [/b]</blockquote>
    I highly recommend NOT using Bleche-White. This has been discussed before, do a search for details...

Post Thanks / Like
    The best way I`ve found to clean tires is a brush, car wash soap and some elbow grease. That leaves me with one less product to buy (wheel cleaners).

If you want a tire dressing you can find locally give 3M`s Tire and Rubber Dressing a try. I love the stuff and it can be found at many auto parts stores.

Another must have is the Eagle One tire swipes. They`re a curved foam applicator for applying tire dressings. A few winters ago Wal-Mart had them on clearance for .99 for a pack of two. I bought every pack they had and now have a lifetime supply of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know if there is an RV (Recreational Vehicle) supply store/dealer nearby??? Most of them actually carry many of the more exotic (read: quality) cleaners! That`s where I`ve been buying my EF HI and 303 for several years... RVers like myself praise EF HI for it`s ability to rid our campers of the dreaded black streaks on the standard Polar White and Ivory paints! Doesn`t make the paint tint after time like Simple Green dilutions do...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Intensity is WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY better than Simple Green or the Westleys Bleche White. Much, much, much safer. I can`t believe the people who use Simple Green on paint and wheels as often as they do. Unbelievable. I would love to see their finish in a two or three years. Sad but true.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use EF High Intensity on the tires and wheels about every other week. I mostly use soap and water and a OXO brush for general cleaning. Vinylex or Black Opal is what I use for dressing the tires. Both are put on with a tire swipe.

Post Thanks / Like

When you have a flat.....

When you`re out on the road and you have a flat tire, do you change it yourself or call AAA/Roadside Assistance, etc.?

Just curious. I`m thinking those under 35 would call roadside assistance, over 35 would change it themselves.

What about you? (Prove me wrong! Haha):wink:

(and just for fun, give your age group.... 20`s, 30`s, 40`s, etc.)

50`s here (barely).:Innocent::angel:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

One Trick Pony
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would change my own - 29

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tthomp82 View Post
    I would change my own - 29
    My kind of 29 year old!:cornut:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    32 and I would NEVER consider having someone else do it for me. I`ve called a tow truck once in my life, well, twice but one was for a wreck, the other was because my belt broke on my 92 Grand Prix 3400 (biggest POS I`ve ever owned).

I generally don`t like other people doing anything to my car, unless necessary.
    2012 Acura TSX Special Edition, Crystal Black Pearl
    2007 Volvo XC90 Sport, Passion Red

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information