Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was younger I would never have thought of letting someone else change a tire.

However now that I am older (57) I think building the economy of this great country is my personal responsibility. I do not want to be responsible for some guy working for AAA to be out of work because I wasn`t willing to pay for his service.

That, plus on a Los Angeles freeway I am afraid to step outside my car without a really big truck with flashing lights behind me as protection from oncoming traffic! :smile:

Post Thanks / Like
    I have changed them myself even though I have AAA. It has come in handy twice - water pump died once and a plastic fuel line split.

I rotate my own tires. The tire place has been know to over tighten lug nuts despite claiming to put them on by hand so if I run across that I will call AAA.
    Al

Made in USA

Post Thanks / Like
    I am 33 and I change my own tires. Granted the asshats here in NJ use cars that are disabled on the side of the road just like rally drivers use snow banks to bounce off of around turns. I had to change the tire on a friends Type3 squareback (long story) People were stopping and staring like I had lobsters hanging out of my ears. Only one person offered help and two cops passed by and didn`t even stop.

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s AAA?

34 and I change my own!
    Rasky`s Auto Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
    That finish is "brill" (british slang for tightness) as in "BRILLIANT" great clarity and gloss!!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Neither ^^^

I will phone the Wife and have Her change it out > :driving:
    :w00t::w00t::w00t: EXCELLENT!!!

Concensus seems to be "Change my own.":smile:
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MB Fan View Post
    However now that I am older (57) I think building the economy of this great country is my personal responsibility. I do not want to be responsible for some guy working for AAA to be out of work because I wasn`t willing to pay for his service.

:clap::thumbup::

Post Thanks / Like
    Across the waters here in SA, I have to drop one of the A`s (AA = Automobile Association). I also have the option of a roadside assistance package which comes as a standard service with the vehicle and is underwritten by the manufacturer.

However, despite these options, I find it quicker and easier to change the wheel myself. The standard 2-3 times a year wheel removal and detail makes it pretty much run of the mill task to perform.

BTW, I`m 39

Post Thanks / Like
    Like BMW5541, I ripped off those dumb BMW runflats as soon as I got the car and put on some Michelin PS2`s so no spare. I know I`m living on the edge everyday with the risk of a flat but knock on wood I haven`t had one yet in this car after 2+ years. If I did have a spare I`d change it myself. 51.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodie View Post
    The standard 2-3 times a year wheel removal and detail makes it pretty much run of the mill task to perform.

BTW, I`m 39
    Oh my ^^^ 2 or 3 a year......I honestly can`t remember ever having a blowout, wake up to a flat > yes....... blowout > no

Reminds me of a story...............

About 4 years ago I had this crazy paranoid neighbor.
    Every 3rd morning, around 4:30am I would go over and release the air from his r.r.tire. Of course I would always be there to air it back up when they came out to go to work, but after about 3 weeks of these shenanigins I stopped doing this. We would talk about it later, he never could figure out what was the cause of this. Well the day they moved I letum in on it....

I know this doesn`t sound funny on paper, but in real time its a gas :

Oh yea, day 22 of my 45th b`day celebration :happybday:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Oh my ^^^ 2 or 3 a year......I honestly can`t remember ever having a blowout, wake up to a flat > yes....... blowout > no
    I think you misunderstood my post. I haven`t had 2-3 blowouts a year. I remove the wheels off my car 2-3 times a year to do a full detail on them and the wheel wells.

Going through this process regularly means that when I ever have to change a wheel it`s no big deal as the process is well bedded down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodie View Post
    I think you misunderstood my post. I haven`t had 2-3 blowouts a year. I remove the wheels off my car 2-3 times a year to do a full detail on them and the wheel wells.

Going through this process regularly means that when I ever have to change a wheel it`s no big deal as the process is well bedded down.
    Oh I`m sorry, my bad

Never mind me anyway, I`m just the village idiot.....Every site has to have one :StarWars:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information