Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

New truck (sorta)

Still new to the forum and detailing but I figure I post up some pictures of my new 2002 SVT Lightning purchase. I had wanted one of these trucks when I was much younger but didn`t have the money 2 years ago for one. So instead I had bought a 2005 mustang gt and just recently got in a bad accident. After doing some research I stumbled across this one and just couldn`t pass it up.

Enjoy the photos, hopefully I did them right. I made them small because I wasn`t sure if there was a size limit on the forum, if not I will post up later with some more when shes all clean and perty :tongue:.

By the way, its pretty much stock aside from a 6 lb pulley and 93 tune. It sure can move for a truck though .

Post Thanks / Like
    your pictures didnt upload correctly..........

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t see any pictures, maybe it`s my PC will check on mine at work tomorrow. Car show in Palm Harbor this weekend!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    ah, I am slightly retarded, I scaled them down for posting then deleted them and re uploaded some at a larger size. I edited the first post. Shes too dirty for a show, ha

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good!:thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Looking good!:thumbup:
    Ha thanks, for an 02 I think the paint is in really good shape. The owner was no detailer but made sure to have it washed weekly buy someone who understands the 2bm and have it waxed every other month or so.

It does have swirls and some rids but nothing super super bad :smile:. I tried to do a test spot on the hood and didn`t get to far. Still new to this whole polishing thing and my first pass went good and removed some of the swirls but my followup (2nd and 3rd) passes were unable to remove the leftover swirls.

I was using SIP on a 4" LC Orange cut pad and would do a 1000 to 1200 to 1000 approach. I did the same thing for passes 2 and 3 but it seems like there are some deeper swirls and I stopped because I was afraid of cutting to far into the clear. Maybe one of you guys has an idea of what I should do as I am kinda stumped. I was thinking of using my camera on the video setting and recording myself and going back over it to see what my mistake was. By the way it was a brand new pad and I was using a brand new Dragon Fibre Buffing Cloth, so I don`t think it stemmed from my removal of the excess product or what not.

Any how Ill get back to it later this week and see how it goes. I should be in sometime this week to pick up some stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll be at PAC and have some of my own items there, maybe a test spot is in order...........:thumbup:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    I`ll be at PAC and have some of my own items there, maybe a test spot is in order...........:thumbup:
    That would be so awesome. Don`t really know why but I can get my pop`s acura looking good and swirl free but struggle with my fords

I however may not be able to come in for a couple days as I am waiting on the title to come in, right now I have a piece of cardboard for a tag saying "new truck tags applied for." I needed something to get home from west palm with. :p

Anyone know If I can get a temp tag without the title? I have a bill of sale along with a deposit receipt and some other info. I know that`s a weird question but figured I would ask why I am at it

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice truck, I have always wanted one. But they are too pricey for me right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice truck, I detailed one in white a while back.

They really are cool trucks. :thumbup:
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRod View Post
    Nice truck, I have always wanted one. But they are too pricey for me right now.
    Thanks,

I would take another look, found quite a few for a pretty decent price. They are hard to come by however. It might require some traveling in order to find one, which sucks but for this truck it was well worth my 4 hour trip down to west palm.

Quote Originally Posted by CamoZ71 View Post
    Nice truck, I detailed one in white a while back.

They really are cool trucks. :thumbup:
    Thanks again,

I love it. I mean its not built for towing really or 4x4ing at all but a 13 sec flat race truck ain`t bad. *This is what the last owner ran, I have yet to take it to the track so I don`t know for sure just yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful truck. Are you steping down your pads or just using oarnge exclusivally? You may wanna get a black finishing pad and some Menzerna po85rd. I beleive PAC carries these items

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I had tried a 4" LC Green Polish pad with Final Polish II and didn`t notice much change in the way of correcting. I am beginning to think they are the deeper kind of swirls, forgot the name but they seem nasty.

Thanks for the comments too

Post Thanks / Like
    nice truck guy. by the way they`re about as fast as a gt so be careful... once you get the polishing process down, that black will be blazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    nice truck guy. by the way they`re about as fast as a gt so be careful... once you get the polishing process down, that black will be blazing!
    Yeah thanks, I knew they were quite fast but didn`t realize how fast until the owner told me he was running 13.05s to 13.10s in it. I was however running a 12.9 to 12.8 in the GT so it was no slouch either. I definitely gotta be careful, learned my lesson the hard way.

I am hoping to figure out this polishing process because I feel as if I am doing the right thing. I am seeing my work actually doing "work," but can`t get over that last hump to achieve that perfect finish. :banghead:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information