Post Thanks / Like

Karma - Hybrid Car From Fisker Automotive

I just watched a segment on PBS` MotorWeek about this car. All I can say is WOW!

Eco-Friendly
    Over 100 miles to the gallon
    Sexy as Hell!

Here`s the link: www.fiskerautomotive.com

I am in no way affiliated with Fisker Automotive (although I wish I were).

Post Thanks / Like
    what about the price of the vehicle? It is all about the cost...

Post Thanks / Like
    * Plug-in hybrid technology Q DRIVE
    * 0-60 in less than 6 seconds (0-100 km/h 6 seconds)
    * Top speed 125 mph (200 km/h)
    * Two Driving Modes: The driver will be able to select between two modes of driving. The first mode is Stealth Drive, which is the quiet economy mode for optimal relaxed and efficient driving. By flipping the second paddle behind the steering wheel, the car will switch to Sport Drive, which will access the full power of the vehicle.
    * Regenerative brakes featured to recapture braking energy
    * Low center of gravity provides optimal sport vehicle driving dynamics
    :notworthy:

that car is kinda like the Tesla motors cars. Except the Tesla goes 0-60 in 3.9 seconds :w00t:

Acceleration & Torque
    Instant Freedom

The first time you drive the Tesla Roadster, prepare to be surprised. You`re at freeway speed in seconds without even thinking about it. There is no clutch pedal to contend with and no race-car driving techniques to perform. Just the touch of your foot and you`re off, without any of the sluggishness of an automatic.

How powerful is the acceleration? A quick story to illustrate. A favorite trick here at Tesla Motors is to invite a passenger along and ask him to turn on the radio. At the precise moment we ask, we accelerate. Our passenger simply can`t sit forward enough to reach the dials. But who needs music when you`re experiencing such a symphony of motion.

Rest assured that this responsiveness works at all speeds, as noticeable when you`re inching your way through parking lots as when flying along freeways.
    100% Torque, 100% of the Time

The Tesla Roadster delivers full availability of performance every moment you are in the car, even while at a stoplight. Its peak torque begins at 0 rpm and stays powerful at 14,000 rpm.

This is the precise opposite of what you experience with a gasoline engine, which has very little torque at a low rpm and only reaches peak torque in a narrow rpm range. This forces you to make frequent gear changes to maintain optimal torque. With the Tesla Roadster, you get great acceleration and the highest energy efficiency at the same time. All while requiring no special driving skills to enjoy it. This makes the Tesla Roadster six times as efficient as the best sports cars while producing one-tenth of the pollution.
    AWESOME.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged View Post
    what about the price of the vehicle? It is all about the cost...

MSRP starts at $87,900. You gotta` drive a lot of miles to pay that out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MB Fan View Post
    MSRP starts at $87,900. You gotta` drive a lot of miles to pay that out!
    Price will probably be down into the 30`s or 40`s in five years, but that is not the problem I see with some of these "plug-in" electrics like the Tesla vehicle.

I was reading that when you factor in the energy costs associated with the recharging of the batteries and convert those costs into MPG, that you start getting cars that are running at 18mpg and aren`t NEARLY as efficient as once thought.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

admin_old
    Speaking of the Tesla, check out the PAC Facebook Fan Page for a posting about a contest that CapCom is putting on the promo a new video game they are coming out with......the Grand Prize is a Tesla. Pretty neat! Abiding by our own rules here and not placing a link within the post. Just use the nav button at the top of the page to go to the Facebook page.
    If you are entering, I did, good luck!

Admin

Thread Information