Thread: Hard to decide

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to decide

Torn between two loves, 2009 MB C300 4matic, or 2009 bmw 135. I know 2 very different cars, but both very nice. Half hour test drive in the Benz, and one scheduled in the bmw. Benz was very impressive in smoothness, quietness and the feeling of solidity. Plus a very nice looking car. Only problem is it was used as a demo and has 10000 km on it. So how much should they take off the msrp, and should I really have to pay freight and dealer prep. I don`t think so as iin my opinion this is a used car. The dealer should absorb that cost as they were the users. Comments and opinions very welcome. PS the bmw has 4 year maintinence inicluded, the benz not.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hard to decide

I don`t have a qualified opinion as to how much you should pay but you should pay less. There is no way I would pay freight and prep on a car that had already hit the road. The dealer got some value out of this car already being on the asphalt.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

If you`re under 75 then the bmw.

Benz = mushy

BMW = ultimate driving machine.

nuff said.

kthxbai
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I don`t have a qualified opinion as to how much you should pay but you should pay less. There is no way I would pay freight and prep on a car that had already hit the road. The dealer got some value out of this car already being on the asphalt.
    and besides it`s a merc
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

before you think i`m a total (_l_)

here is my justification/validation.

Post Thanks / Like

If your validation is the girls in the third pic, than I`m in. At 54 I need all the help I can get. Plus being follically challenged. Would the 135i be a good daily driver, as well as a sports car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baker View Post
    If your validation is the girls in the third pic, than I`m in. At 54 I need all the help I can get. Plus being follically challenged. Would the 135i be a good daily driver, as well as a sports car?
    Yeah, the 135 would be great.

btw

BMW = Brings Me Women.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post

BMW = Brings Me Women.
    I do what I do, when I can do it...

Post Thanks / Like

Now to muddle the question, my wife , daughter and I took an Audi A4 2010 with the S-line package out for a test, I had taken a regular A4 out before and did not really like the ride much, but the sport suspension makes it a completely different car. Plus the sport seats were great.

Post Thanks / Like

Now to muddle the question, my wife , daughter and I took an Audi A4 2010 with the S-line package out for a test, I had taken a regular A4 out before and did not really like the ride much, but the sport suspension makes it a completely different car. Plus the sport seats were great.
    Even though I hate to say it, Audi has made great strides in the last few years.
    Good design, good technology.

Tampa, FL
    Post Thanks / Like

Drive EVERYTHING you have shortlisted and feel, smell, taste, look etc. everything about the vehicles you are considering. I need to get a global perspective on the entire potential ownership experience in making a decision (although for me it`s which BMW model to pick!).

The thing that got me hookled was the driving experience of my previous car. I really wanted a sports car feel and for me at the time the decision was easy. All the other sensory issues and product support came in really high on the chart (for me).

I hate to admit it but I totally agree with ronkh, the Audi`s have caught my attention but please don`t tell anyone.
    Tampa, FL

Post Thanks / Like

I do like the things Audi has done lately, in case you didn`t notice in my sig is my present car, a 2006 A3, premium pkg. dsg tranny.

Post Thanks / Like

To continue on this thread, last Monday I had delivered to my home by the dealer, 2009 Infiniti G37x, with 9 km. On the lot for only a week, I was the only driver. Negotiated back and forth several times, just about gave up for the winter Sunday night, sent one last offer that I expected to be refused, but low and behold, they called Monday and accepted, if it was delivered that night, thank God for end of month dealing. Color is lakeshore slate, a medium blue/ grey, with tan leather, now that should be fun to keep clean. Managed to get a coat of Blackfire on it Wednesday afternoon. First all wheel drive car.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

To continue on this thread, last Monday I had delivered to my home by the dealer, 2009 Infiniti G37x, with 9 km. On the lot for only a week, I was the only driver. Negotiated back and forth several times, just about gave up for the winter Sunday night, sent one last offer that I expected to be refused, but low and behold, they called Monday and accepted, if it was delivered that night, thank God for end of month dealing. Color is lakeshore slate, a medium blue/ grey, with tan leather, now that should be fun to keep clean. Managed to get a coat of Blackfire on it Wednesday afternoon. First all wheel drive car.
    Wow!
    Talk about a turnaround.

Based on my nephew in law`s experience with a G35, I think you will love the car.
    AWD will be nice and while AWD cars handle good, they definitely handle differently. A little fun time in a vacant, snow covered parking lot helps a bunch with the learning curve.
    We owned two AWD Turbo Talons and really enjoyed both of them.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    Wow!
    Talk about a turnaround.
    I was thinking the same thing.

To the op, enjoy your new car, and be safe...........

Remember pix are a must.

Thread Information