Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ford builds them tuff

really romancing dude ..............

but the clip is too short .............

don`t you have more like this ???

Post Thanks / Like

It was a good car.

I drove to Alaska with my sister in a 1965 comet. It did not have AC or cruise(must have been an add-on) but was a fine vehicle. Red vinyl seats. Wow
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like

I could not get the link to work but found the video and here it is.

Age Limit on Gun Ownership? Conversation

Post Thanks / Like

That is way cool!! God bless her. Love the car.

Post Thanks / Like

16 free mufflers. She is a smart ole gal.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great, and she is right about being tested when you get older.
    My grandfather got pulled over going down an off ramp the wrong way. My mother had to convince him to stop driving.
    POLLEN is Evil

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G.T.Subie View Post
    Thats great, and she is right about being tested when you get older.
    My grandfather got pulled over going down an off ramp the wrong way. My mother had to convince him to stop driving.
    It would help if they had standardized the ramps, some are clover leaf some you go under a bridge then turn up the ramp it would help if they were all the same.

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t see the video, so I don`t know all the details. But I came across this picture earlier today and thought I`d offer a couple other high-milers.

I can`t find the story, although I am still looking. 957,037 miles (at the time of the photo), original engine, transmission, and exhaust.

I also found this one:

MEDFORD, Wis. — Frank Oresnik is on the verge of making history driving his old standby -- the pickup truck he says is about to pass the 1 million mile mark.
    Oresnik took the 1991 Chevrolet Silverado to the Oil Ex-Change Quick Lube in Medford on Thursday for what he expects will be its last oil change and tuneup before hitting the magic number.
    He said the truck is 1,200 miles from a million, and once he hits the mark he will retire the vehicle.
    "I feel almost like the longtime NFL player as he goes into his last training camp knowing this is the end," Oresnik said.
    He credits proper maintenance and a good measure of luck for allowing the truck to rack up so many miles. He said he`s had more than 300 oil changes and tuneups at the Medford business, going in every 3,000 miles.
    The truck has had four radiators, three gas tanks, five transmissions and six water pumps, but the engine has never been overhauled, Oresnik said.
    He bought the Silverado in June 1996 after the original owner put 41,000 miles on it. Oresnik uses the vehicle to deliver seafood in three states, putting on about 85,000 miles a year.

Pretty amazing mileage for trucks.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

And there`s another story of a one million, four hundred thousand mile Dodge Ram 3500. Can`t decipher if it`s an internal combustion or diesel engine though.

Post Thanks / Like

The truck has had four radiators, three gas tanks, five transmissions and six water pumps, but the engine has never been overhauled.

I would guess replacing one engine is no where the cost of replacing 5 transmissions.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    The truck has had four radiators, three gas tanks, five transmissions and six water pumps, but the engine has never been overhauled.

I would guess replacing one engine is no where the cost of replacing 5 transmissions.
    Man, that`s 200K for each transmission. I`d be happy with that! And I would just assume he means getting them rebuilt, which can be done relatively inexpensively.

Post Thanks / Like

I was just surprised how claiming no engine issues was a great claim yet all the other issues with transmissions, fuel tanks. I wonder how it turns out in a total cost of ownership perspective.

As a Chrysler product owner, the drivetrain is usually decent. It is all the other stuff that has issues: A/C repeatedly, body hw like power windows, radio, etc.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I wonder why he had to replace the gas tank twice. Sort of odd. I suppose the other stuff could be chalked up to normal maintenance, I dunno. I`d just have to assume all the other normal wear and tear stuff was replaced/maintained at normal intervals too. Brake pads, rotors, belts, hoses, etc. Would be interesting to find more than little tidbits of info on any of these high-mileage stories.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    I was just surprised how claiming no engine issues was a great claim yet all the other issues with transmissions, fuel tanks. I wonder how it turns out in a total cost of ownership perspective.

As a Chrysler product owner, the drivetrain is usually decent. It is all the other stuff that has issues: A/C repeatedly, body hw like power windows, radio, etc.
    My experience with Chrysler (`89 Plymouth Voyager) proved to be the opposite. Engine (V6 Mitsubishi) and auto transmission both required extensive repairs @ 100k miles, and numerous running gremlins well before that. The paint which was a beautiful Dallas Cowboy themed (don`t know if it was intentional or not), dark blue/silver blue 2-tone peeled terribly. Based on the other Chrysler owner`s experiences, the interior was my primary area of concern. It was almost "as new" when I traded it in at 150k miles. That with two young children as constant occupants.
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Thread Information