Thread: Tonneau covers

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Tonneau covers

Looking at the Extang RT and the Truxedo Lo Pro QT. Both seem similar in design, warranty, ease of installation, etc. There is a priced difference, with Truxedo being on the higher end. Does anyone have any first hand experience with one or both of these models?

How about online resources? Thumbs up or thumbs down with customer experience? We are a pretty spoiled group in that regard as the majority of our detailing product vendors seem to always be on their toes. That creates a pretty demanding audience for other vendors.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tonneau covers

I have heard both of those brands of bed covers spoken highly of on other forums. No experience with either, however.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like

Drat it! I kinda thought you might have been down that road with one of your Tacomas. Yeah, I have read good about both of the companies and these models specifically. Oh well, I know there are a couple of other truck drivin` members.

IOWA BOY
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a TRUXEDO!!!! Cant remember what iy cost back in December, priced new fdor dads truck online, $465 I think. Local Carquest basically add another$100 each for Truxeda and another top brand. Ease of install, eays, read the directions and install. NO wrenches needed!!!!!!!!!!! After you install, you will think you do it in 5 minutes next time... Ive got to take mine out for my folks to use on a trip. TRUXEDO has MY vote!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Which Truxedo model do you have? Interesting note on the price of brick & mortar. There are a couple of local dealers, but didn`t know what kind of pricing.

The installation for both products (Extang RT ad Truxedo Lo Pro QT) do look fairly straightforward.

Thanks for the input.

Post Thanks / Like

you probably already have a cover by now, but if not, definitely check out BakFlip Tonneau Covers

i have one on my Sierra and absolutely love it

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Jason Fiberglass on my Mitsubishi Raider and my dad has a Snugtop on his F-150 and they both fit great and work very well if you looking for a fiberglass on look into those two companies.

Shawn
    (954) 871-0205

Post Thanks / Like

I actually had the Extang RT on my 2004 Ford F150 Supercrew before I bought my new car 2 years ago. When the temperature would change summer/winter you will need to adjust the screws to either tighten or loosen the cover depending on cold or hot temperatures. I used 303 to keep it conditioned and protected from the UV, as my truck sat outside. It has Velcro strips on the side, so don`t expect it to secure valuables in the bed of your truck. Also, it would be easy for someone to cut the top and get into the bed of the truck. The main reason I went with the soft top over a more secure hard top, if I was out and about and bought something large, I could always roll up the top and put the large object in the back of the truck. I did this many times. If you have a toolbox in your truck, it needs to be a chest type, over the sides type will interfere with most tonneau covers.
    A new year to a new beginning.

Thread Information