Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doa

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doa

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    At Originally Posted by Ronkh
    ...First, the steel industry was not just greed on the companies side.
    Of course not, and I included the stock holders who had an equal share in the blame.
    My biggest thought/fear is that the government is dictating to the manufactureres what/how to build. The surest way to increase costs and lower production and standards is allow the government to handle things. Letting the government manage anything is a perfect way of letting things go to H. This will be as successfull as the UN is at nation building.
    Where have you seen that the government has a hand in the design or build of any automobile? I agree that our government has it`s own inefficiencies to deal with. UN nation building? I miss the correlation???

The day that will go down in infamy is the day that GM got to use "engines and other parts manufactured in other GM plants". Each brand had it`s wow factor.
    That was then. This is now. Duplication across multiple "badges" is inefficient and IMO poor business in today`s climate.

I dunno about you, but I am not looking forward to the Pelosi, Murtha, or Obama model cars.
    I don`t think there is even the remotest of possibilities. Maybe a Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld model would be more to your liking? :
    The government will have it`s hand in design, marketing and production of the vehicles. "Car Czar".
    Watch and learn if you so desire. You will see the government dictating what models, mpg, engines etc.

As far as my comment about parts from other gm plants etc. If you`re old enough to remember, different engines were known for different things. Just like the Buick 455 was different than the olds.

Arer you still sufferring from Bush derangement syndrome or have you had too much kool aid to dirnk? This post had nothing to do with Bush et al, so your parallel makes no sense.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    The government will have it`s hand in design, marketing and production of the vehicles. "Car Czar".
    Watch and learn if you so desire. You will see the government dictating what models, mpg, engines etc.

As far as my comment about parts from other gm plants etc. If you`re old enough to remember, different engines were known for different things. Just like the Buick 455 was different than the olds.

Arer you still sufferring from Bush derangement syndrome or have you had too much kool aid to dirnk? This post had nothing to do with Bush et al, so your parallel makes no sense.
    Neither deranged nor delusional, but I do see that you need to change your screen name from wax waster to time waster.

Post Thanks / Like

Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, what was wrong with the ambulance back in March -- besides not having enough wax on it?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    BTW, what was wrong with the ambulance back in March -- besides not having enough wax on it?
    I honestly don`t remember. But the town garage sent it to the dealer and they kept it for another week and a half. It was a nice respite for me since I got to wash my car in the bay.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information